• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, this will be my last story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Apprentice
So, as some of you may know, I've posted two stories about my experiences in stores with Brawl and Melee. As you can tell, I am a huge fan of Melee. Well, I decided to actually play Brawl for once. I was so disappointed. The game is horrible. Everything I loved about Melee has been destroyed. A part of me died when I actually played Brawl. The music was too **** distracting. The characters aren't balanced at all. The items are the worst ever (the GameStop employee wouldn't play me with items off! He wouldn't even let me play against him on Final Destination, what the?!?). This tripping stuff has really bugged me. I was clearly the better Smasher compared to this pimple-faced, basement dwelling nerd but he beat me because of the freaking items and Chimera. Who's idea was it to even put a Chimera in New Pork City?

I am so disgruntled about not being able to try the best level, Final Destination, being forced to use items and the distracting freaking music. I asked the employee extremely nicely to please mute the TV because the music is too distracting and he won't get my best game, making his "win" basically worthless (which it was, he uses the casual rules). I was fuming with anger because of this employee!

I ended up canceling my preorder for this abomination of a game... Long live Melee folks. That said I can't wait until REAL Brawl tournaments start appearing (Final Destination, no items, fair characters only and no distracting music). I'll be amazing at the tournament Brawl because I am just... naturally good at Super Smash Bros.

Long live Melee!

Edit: In my blind fury I forgot to mention that he didn't even allow the use of GameCube controllers. That ticked me off too!

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Said Mr. Porky Pig. Brawl will be awesome and you know it. He must have dropped the game in the toilet and shoved it in your mouth. Then he burned it and a whale ate it. The whale spit it out and dropped it on an island where anygry natives walked to the top of the volcano and dropped it in molten lava. Then he gave it to you.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Good fur u
I dont care about ur stories, just call him the biggest noob on the face of the planet, take the controller yourself, shove him out of the way, turn off items and pick FD
Then, gtfo of the internet
I hope I helped

Zonic100

Smash Cadet
Dude. Its beacause his power level was over nine thousand.

Don't get to upset. There there.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I can't tell if your being serious or not... I really hope your not because this is the most off the wall approach I've seen yet.

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
I guess for every 1,283,493 people who love Brawl there has to be one person who hates it. That's not that bad of a ratio...
Oh well, that's too bad for you.

GoldSon

Smash Rookie
Yeah... Somebody is mad because he lost the m atch :D

Oh and by the way...You can turn off the items on your own copy later...
But yeah, cancel your preorder... That makes most sense.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
-_- ok, so you play the game under apparent "terrible circumstances", and because of that you immediately call it a bad game? What's more, you lack the patience to learn a new controller and a new game, and you call his win as a no-go since you weren't playing your best?

News flash: not everyone is obsessed about winning.

Also, joke topic = loss.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
This isn't even about Brawl, it's about a GameStop tournament.
Complaint Thread. Go there. And only there.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
You had me at "convincing the child story". I found it hilarious, but this, now you're just trying too hard. :)

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
YEAH GO MELEE!!! Okay the tripping function is totally screwed up, Brawl will never be as fast paced as Melee-

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The oxygen was there for that employee to breathe. (And thus an unfair advantage for him)

I say we cut the oxygen too.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Tourney***

As much as I hate to say it. You are a tourney***.

Adjust to it don't cry because it's not he next melee, go cry some moar emo kid.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
A part of me died when I actually played Brawl. The music was too **** distracting.
Should have waited till you could have played the game mute.

The characters aren't balanced at all.

Explain.

The items are the worst ever (the GameStop employee wouldn't play me with items off!

Should you not wait to judge then, you know…, when you get to experience the game with items off?

This tripping stuff has really bugged me.

I’ll give you this one. It really has no point.

Who's idea was it to even put a Chimera in New Pork City?

It was in the mother game right? Where else to put it?

I am so disgruntled about not being able to try the best level, Final Destination, being forced to use items and the distracting freaking music.

How would you know what the best level is if you haven’t played them all?

I ended up canceling my preorder for this abomination of a game... Long live Melee folks.

Are you sure you want to do that. After barely experiencing the game? Seeing as how you were forced to play under bad rules?

That said I can't wait until REAL Brawl tournaments start appearing (Final Destination, no items, fair characters only and no distracting music).

But, you already canceled you’re pre-order…

I'll be amazing at the tournament Brawl because I am just... naturally good at Super Smash Bros.

You already canceled your pre-order…
Unless you plan on buying the game later. Why would you cancel then?

Edit: In my blind fury I forgot to mention that he didn't even allow the use of GameCube controllers. That ticked me off too!
Probably should have factored that in before you went all bat**** on the game huh?

All in all I give you a 4/10.

Good concept but, to many story holes.
Made you obvious.
Try harder next time.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
The game is made to be played with items. The tournament at Gamestop is going to be using items. I know in your surposed "real" tournaments you have items turned off, but this was just a fun match. Who cares if you where good at melee. coughyousuckatMeleeyounoobcough Sorry I got somethin in my throat. Anyways you complain about the music, how can the music be so distracting? Unless you have super hearing, the music can't be that distracting. I think the Gamestop employee was the better smasher and that you are a fat noob who needs to crawl in a hole and live off your own waste for the rest you your life.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS!
Stop feeding the troll, dammit!
You know looking at guest previous posts, I'm already changing my original opinion of this post... you are correct XD

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Everyone else says the game is better but this looser and sucked at the game his first time around... Even though everyone sucks the first time around.

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
It's nice how all you ******* say troll trying to get your post counts up. The truly pathetic people are you. I agree with you in some points, but if you aren't tired with melee, why switch to Brawl in the first place? I'm still going to be playing melee, and after all these years I still love it.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's nice to have your opinion of the game now Guest, but I think Xengri pretty much said what needed to be said. Whole lot of complaining, not a whole lot of explaining. As for the rest of you guys posting to this, just ignore it, posting **** like "Go home Troll!" or "Obvious Troll is Obvious" isn't going to do anything but turn this into a spam fest.

If you guys feel that this topic is stirring up too much ****, please report it to a moderator or an admin. Don't be a hero!

limitbreak

Smash Ace
So, as some of you may know, I've posted two stories about my experiences in stores with Brawl and Melee. As you can tell, I am a huge fan of Melee. Well, I decided to actually play Brawl for once. I was so disappointed. The game is horrible. Everything I loved about Melee has been destroyed. A part of me died when I actually played Brawl. The music was too **** distracting. The characters aren't balanced at all. The items are the worst ever (the GameStop employee wouldn't play me with items off! He wouldn't even let me play against him on Final Destination, what the?!?). This tripping stuff has really bugged me. I was clearly the better Smasher compared to this pimple-faced, basement dwelling nerd but he beat me because of the freaking items and Chimera. Who's idea was it to even put a Chimera in New Pork City?

I am so disgruntled about not being able to try the best level, Final Destination, being forced to use items and the distracting freaking music. I asked the employee extremely nicely to please mute the TV because the music is too distracting and he won't get my best game, making his "win" basically worthless (which it was, he uses the casual rules). I was fuming with anger because of this employee!

I ended up canceling my preorder for this abomination of a game... Long live Melee folks. That said I can't wait until REAL Brawl tournaments start appearing (Final Destination, no items, fair characters only and no distracting music). I'll be amazing at the tournament Brawl because I am just... naturally good at Super Smash Bros.

Long live Melee!

You have some serious issues. If you were so good, you would know how to play the game not according to your rules and not be such a whiny *****. 99% of this forum cant wait for this game. You my friend are just an itiot. Have fun cancelling that pre-order and stick to Halo3 and the rest of the 12 year old friends that you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom