• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well-executed Dairs and Uairs

garbage

Smash Journeyman
I love Ganon's down air and up air moves. Much better than Falcon's, for some reason. But I can't seem to execute them well while moving around quickly. Should I use the C-stick? It seems a little easier, but the C-stick is still in kind of an awkward position for me.
Thanks.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Considering you might want to rush and retreat with those attacks, the c-stick is recommended because you can DI with it. Try to get use to it. Also, retreating Fairs are also good with Ganon and CF.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
yea i had the same question too. the c-stick really helps because it always movenment during ur attack. like ganon daerial or faerial u cant move in a different direction using the joy stick. pratice is the only way to feel comfortable, i am working on it too.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
C-stick is really the only way to play Ganon well. His aerials require you to be able to move in weird directions relative to the direction of the aerial, so it's pretty much a must.

Linguini

Smash Master
C-stick is really the only way to play Ganon well. His aerials require you to be able to move in weird directions relative to the direction of the aerial, so it's pretty much a must.
Not really, I mostly use the control stick for my aerials and only use the c-stick for up airs. You can do the same odd aerials without the c-stick, It's just harder.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I'm agreeing with Linguini on this one, same reason he stated.

Edit: Although I'd recommend using the c-stick

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
U-Throw ~> U-Air..... too good.....

I use the C-Stick for U-air. Control stick with others. Depends whatever feels comfortable with you.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
hmm, I use both but for different situations. Most of the retreating aerials i do are c-sticked but everything else is all control stickied

Sparx

Smash Cadet
Well executed dairs can lead into well executed uairs which can lead into well executed f/bairs which can lead into well executed stocks.

I suggest that, if you haven't already used the control stick to the point where the c-stick is awkward, to learn the c-stick. Even so, use the c-stick for uairs, specifically when edge-guarding. Nothing sucks more than when you're trying to diss someone with a reverse uair way off the stage and you accidentaly double jump, miss the kick, and possibly die.

petoo0

Smash Ace
I use a mixture of both c-stick and control stick.
sometimes one just feels better than the other,
but like others said c-stick is just safer, not necessarily better though.

Top Bottom