• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the new Smash Blog!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
As you’ve probably noticed, if you tried to get to this site from smashbrawl.com, you ended up someplace new and strange, but perhaps eerily familiar. The Smash Blog has been moved to smashboards.com, in order to help bring the different parts of the Smash World network closer together and more tightly integrated.

You’ll notice the blog has a new look, not unlike the default forum style, but a bit lighter–more bloglike, if you will, but not as minimalist as we were before (Scav can rest easy now!). Perhaps some of the tweaks you see will manage to find themselves elsewhere….

But one of the coolest things you’ll find is that now, all posts made on the Smash Blog will also be <a href="http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134">posted on Smash Boards</a>. Cool, right? You can read everything we have to say on the blog and check out peoples’ comments like always, but now we’re using the forum to help spread our content out and keep things tight with our huge Smash Boards userbase. We’ve imported all our old posts and comments onto the boards already, so you should be able to proceed fairly uninterrupted. (Your RSS readers and podcatchers should also be clued in to our new addresses.)

The SmashCast, you’ll notice, has also moved, and while it might act a bit funny the next few days, you shouldn’t have to do anything to get it working if you’ve subscribed to it. We’ve also added some information about the Smash World Network up on top, so if you’re curious about what else there is to do around these parts, you might want to check that out.

There are still a few more changes in the pipeline, so stay tuned.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
I dislike the new look personally.. it was great the way it was.

The contrast between the blogs white background and the completely black rendered buttons that were designed for smashboards.com dont suit..

but i guess you guys really thought this through and know whats best :p

BLOG ABOUT SUPERSPICY CURRY NOW!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Too much black.....!

I personally miss the old blog style as well, it sucked getting a post on here. However how can I gripe when I'm only a guest. I presume the constrast of lights will grow on me eventually. I'm also sure you guys worked hard to do this so for that I comend you.

Also we might be able to finally put pics on this site.

The site will grow on me

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, everything seems cool, but I'm still trying to find a good method of checking, and posting on this blog. Shall I continue typing in "smashbrawl.com," or shall I sign into smashboards as "Burning Lava" or as "Lava" for the blog account? If it turns out to be easier to sign into smashboards, I'd like that, cause it will (should?) finally start keeping track of my posts. But then I won't be able to enjoy the new layout. It looks identical to the rest of the boards if I look at it there.

Not sure if this works, but I'd like to just check it on smashbrawl, but be able to comment with my smashboards account and do so by just signing in like usual and typing while being able to see what others wrote during my typing.

Man, I'm not good at conveying thoughts in a hurry, but someone gets what I'm saying.

EDIT: Well, I'm starting to figure out a system, so it might not be too bad. (I can see what people posted while typing, but probably only up to one page's worth, like regular smashboards posting... it's been a long time since I posted on smashboards.com

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
wow,,,,,idon't like the change one bit,,,one of the reason i even found this site is because i DON'T like smashboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
too many people saying the exact same thing ,,,, this site has not as many people so you can get more direct insite from the same group of people.

ps this is potato for those who don't know (which is everyone)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey now we are able to post comments... er i mean pictures not comments : p might as well show you one of my comics ; )

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Definitely cool, but could use some improvements

Hmmm...I like it, but you should make the white part black. It'd be neat, to blend it, because it kinda looks wierd. I overall like it, but if you improved on that, it'd be even cooler. :) Just my two cents; don't steal them. :p

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Umm, am i allowed to post here? Im not a transferee....

Either way, welcome to all newcomers!!! I hope you come to like SWF. PM if you have any questions.

Top Bottom