• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to the Maze! A Pac-Man Guide

Welcome to the Maze! A Pac-Man Guide

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
ptrk83 submitted a new guide:

Chomping our way to victory! A Beginners Pac-Man Guide (My guide made on the Pac-Man forums page.) - pac-man

Hey it's ptrk83 here (PRiDE) - the pink Yoshi main from NJ back in the early days of Brawl. I have been a part of the Smash competitive community since the early days of Melee and was a huge part of the early to mid Brawl scene. Pac-Man was the very first video game I played when I was 4 on the Atari! I have loved him ever since and am super excited that he is in the new Smash! Because of this I want to contribute as much as possible to the development of his meta-game by writing and...
Read more about this guide...

Rathenix

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rathenix
I'm trying to get into Pac-Man, and this is a great guide, but I wanted to point something out for you. You mentioned that a single bair doesn't always send the hydrant flying and that you'd need to figure out why. It takes 11% to fling the hydrant, so it can only done in one hit with a fresh bair. If it's stale, you'll have to follow up with an ftilt.

Last edited:

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
^ yeah! thanks.. I figured that out a month ago but I forgot to go back and update ^_^ Gonna be updating this guide with Wii U pictures ^_^ this weekend

Last edited:

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
I think I'll update all the basic things today with wii u pics.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X

FoxHyode

Smash Rookie
NNID
FoxHyode
3DS FC
0834-1446-9312
Do you know how to auto-cancel charging fruits in the air and doing Side-B or Down B instantly after without having to air dodge ?

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Do you know how to auto-cancel charging fruits in the air and doing Side-B or Down B instantly after without having to air dodge ?
No, because the air dodge cancels the charge, and the special then cancels the air dodge. It is a chain of actions.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
wait what? I am confused what you are asking me.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
He was basically asking how to cancel fruit charge in air without air dodging first, and just going into the other special, I explained it though!
lmfao thanks. I wasnt sure if he had something new to tell me that I didn't know or not.

doyouknowbobby

Smash Rookie
NNID
doyouknowbobby
3DS FC
2337-4532-3605
"A z-dropped melon does its normal 12% This allows it to be used to launch your hydrant with a z-drop. Simply air drop the hydrant and quickly z-drop your melon sending both the melon and hydrant flying! Both moves can actually hit your opponent racking up the percent!"

This is not true post 1.04, is it? hydrant is 13% now, right?

Great guide overall. The pictures are very helpful for fruit gushing.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
"A z-dropped melon does its normal 12% This allows it to be used to launch your hydrant with a z-drop. Simply air drop the hydrant and quickly z-drop your melon sending both the melon and hydrant flying! Both moves can actually hit your opponent racking up the percent!"
This is not true post 1.04, is it? hydrant is 13% now, right?

Great guide overall. The pictures are very helpful for fruit gushing.
Only the Key and the Galaxian (hits twice) can launch the hydrant z-dropped. It's useful for z-drop to nair, but it doesn't launch it on its own.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Yeah I fixed this :) This was written pre patch. I need to start working on a Custom move section of my guide now but I havent had much chance to play with them to come up with anything substantial ..

doyouknowbobby

Smash Rookie
NNID
doyouknowbobby
3DS FC
2337-4532-3605
I think the Customs have been covered pretty well in some other posts/guides here but if you want it in your guide I can't fault you for that.

What would be super cool (and I wouldn't ask if you hadn't already done something similar for Fruit) is images showing Hydrant launch trajectories. I think there are only three or four possibilities (as far as launching it ourself).

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
I think the Customs have been covered pretty well in some other posts/guides here but if you want it in your guide I can't fault you for that.

What would be super cool (and I wouldn't ask if you hadn't already done something similar for Fruit) is images showing Hydrant launch trajectories. I think there are only three or four possibilities (as far as launching it ourself).
This is an excellent idea. Will get on that.

Top Bottom