• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to Smash News

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The old Smash Blog has gotten a facelift. See what's new.

You've doubtless noticed now that the former Smash Blog has been renovated and refreshed, leaving in its stead this site. Welcome to our new Smash News site.
With Brawl on its way, our writing team is gearing up to provide you with the best coverage of Super Smash Bros. Brawl that you'll find anywhere on the Web. We'll keep posting what we've been known for on the blog--we'll update you and comment on every Dojo update, and we'll share our own opinions on Smash-related business from time to time. We'll clue you in on the latest news and rumors about Brawl. And we'll continue to bring you the features you look forward to every week, like Show Me Your News, SmashDash, and Japan Time Time.
But we're also going to be doing more. When Brawl launches, you'll be able to come here for our impressions, details on unlockables, and all the other information you'll be yearning for. And as the competitive scene develops around Brawl, there will be no better place to turn than right here.
A couple other things: we're bringing back (again) an old feature that used to be featured at Melee World, the Smash Bag. Every so often our staff will pick through our mail to answer your questions and share your ideas with the rest of the world. If you'd like to share your ideas or want to ask us something, head on over to be featured in the first Smash Bag of the Brawl era.
One more feature you'll notice is the "Send to my Wii" feature, which appears on certain stories. If you've got a forum account and have added your Wii number to your profile, all you have to do is add "wii [at] smashboards.com" (make sure to replace "[at]" with @) to your contact list on your Wii, and you'll be able to send Smash News content to your Wii Message Board. (This feature is still somewhat experimental, so you may have some issues setting it up. If you do, let us know and we'll try to help you out.)
That's all for now; we'll have more announcements on new features as Brawl nears. Please let us know if you find something not working as it should, or if a link that used to work no longer does--although we've changed the address of our news site, almost all of the old links should still work. And as always, we welcome your comments and suggestions, so post away!

Link to original post: [drupal=403]Welcome to Smash News[/drupal]

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
I like seeing "15 days" till the japanese launch!!

that means just 15 days before we can know everything there is to know about the game!!!!!!!!!!!!

*poof*

:)

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Excellent, nice to see you guys improving the site. I'm also going to be interested in your information of Brawl, this site may even become a knowledge hub for Brawl unlockables and other information instead of IGN or Gamestop.

T-major

Smash Champion
new look is nice... might take a while for me to get used to...

maybe you could explain to me what the "Brawl Disc." thing is about under the quick search bar?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Me likey.

However, is there a way (and if not, could you make it possible) for this to be automatically updated onto my Wii? As far as I know, sending it to my Wii just sends the current article, but it'd be super simple to just subscribe to the news all together, wouldn't it? That way it'd just show up on my Wii everyday for me to look at right away... Which, mind you, would be awesome.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
It would be awesome, but it's also a bit more work (which is why we don't already have that feature). Rest assured that we're looking into how we can solve that problem most easily, and when we do, you'll know.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Glad there is a revamp, however when I tried to go to the link for the "original post" it was down, figured I'd let you know.

Mercury's Phoenix

Smash Rookie
The Smash News section looks great, guys :)

I was going to inquire about getting the news sent automatically to the Wii, but Master WGS already had it covered :p It would be a great feature to have.

EDIT: Actually, I just got a news article through and there are issues with it. The text is all broken in message; when a word goes onto the next line, it breaks up rather than moving the whole word. It ends up looking something like this:

While I didn't expect him myse
lf, many Pikmin fans...

Is there anything that can be done about this? Is there any way to send an image to accompany the article as well?

Top Bottom