• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Yoshi Move

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
What kind of move is this?

...A new grab of sorts..? Some irony in that Yoshi was ridden upon like this for years...?

Discuss.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Footstool jump.

The one with DK is just meant as a friendly picture between the two. The one with Mario is just for comic relief to show for the new camera mode thing. The one with Wario is to show the actual move, in a different part of the animation.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It's not the footstool jump, look at the pic with Mario, his feet are not on Mario, they are more behind his back, so how could Yoshi possibly perform a footstool jump if he's got nothing to jump on? Also, Mario and DK don't do the ''pwwoing'' thing, and last, Yoshi is on their backs...

secretweapon

Smash Apprentice
dont think it's the fs jump...

ive been thinking about this too but then remembered this:

"He can launch consecutive attacks and even smack around enemies below him mid-flight." - direct from dojo

new ideas?

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I agree that it looks like a different move, as if he's actually clinging to Mario's head rather than in the process of stomping it inwards. Same with DK, why else would Yoshi be all crouched over like this? The jump shouldn't make Yoshi bend over like he's grabbing their skull, I'd be willing to guess this is sort of special grab (perhaps grabbing from behind will do new effects this time around and this is Yoshi's back grab).

bigman40

Smash Master
Who knows? We won't know until Brawl comes out (which is around the corner). It's tough to tell what it is since there isn't enough evidence to claim what it is (other than not the FT). If we had footage of the move being used at E 4 All, then it would be easier to tell.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Too little information...

They could all be footstool jumps, or there could be some new grab.

Looks to me like they're different, though, actually. The Mario shot doesn't look the same to me.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I think it's the footstool jump in its earlier frames. Or later frames.. Either way, I guess.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they changed it so that the "grab" button no longer does aerials in the air..., but that it grabs from the air.

An AIR GRAB, of sorts.

HOLY CRAP!

No way is that part of his jumping animation, he's too awkwardly tilted,

and no way is that the footstool jump, he's sighted in two pictures doing the same 45deg. ride...,

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't capture that that easily unless it were able to be kept still.

LIKE--> A GRAB.

HE'S GRABBING THEM FROM THE AIR OVERHEAD. HOLY EFF!

Discuss.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
An aerial grab doesn't make much sense, honsetly.. I stick with footstool jump. I think that if you don't press the jump button when landing on someone, your character just slides off them like that. Just a theory.

Top Bottom