• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird things you've seen people do online?

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Weird and funny things sometimes happen online. Share the strangest experiences you've had with other players online in Smash 4.

I'll start first. When I can't find videos of my mains on Youtube, I'll often use the replay channel as an alternative. One time, I began to watch replays for Peach and the very first one that came up was a match featuring a player named "CuteHips". As their name would suggest, this player was obsessed with Peach's butt/hip attacks to the point that Side B, Bair, Dthrow, and Bthrow were the only things they would ever do. There were even points where they could have finished off a stock with a more powerful kill move like Fair or Fsmash... but no. They just had to use something like Bair or Side B instead. Oddly enough, the player managed to win. Their opponent probably wasn't trying.

Zanestat

Smash Rookie
Ike in general, from a lot of my game play experience it seems like almost everyones secondary is Ike. It happened so often I thought that Ike was like a hard counter to Ganondorf. I know we like ike, but it happens way too much.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I saw this hilarious thing a Luigi player did when he KO'd me. He did this sort of little dance, not a taunt, but something that looked a lot like wave dashing while he was standing in the same place. It actually made him look like he was imitating Villager's dance taunt! :p Can someone please tell me if they know how to do this? It looks hilarious!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Myself and a friend going Fox and Falco, our opponents both going Fox and Falco, and the very same match, the random stage sending us to Final Destination. We Melee now.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
A pikachu player went to edge guard me, for whatever reason, instead of doing something like Fair, he instead did Side B, and launched himself to the blast zone.
needless to say, i was utterly confused, and laughing way too hard

Rojo Espada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rojo_Espada
3DS FC
4313-0371-7210
I was playing against a Palutena awhile ago and about 2 minutes in they just stopped attacking me.
It took me a few moments to realize they weren't trying anymore so I stopped.

Then for the last 3 minutes we just jumped around each other and ran all over the place.
Good stuff.

D

Deleted member 269706

Ike in general, from a lot of my game play experience it seems like almost everyones secondary is Ike. It happened so often I thought that Ike was like a hard counter to Ganondorf. I know we like ike, but it happens way too much.
As an Ike main, I never see Ike's online...Well, not as a primary. There are a good number of people who tend to pull him out after a few rounds, though I don't know if that's because they actually sub him, or if they just want to directly counter me. Even so, I still see Charizard, Duck Hunt, Lucina, ZSS, Sheik, and other characters WAY more often.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
I was playing against a Palutena awhile ago and about 2 minutes in they just stopped attacking me.
It took me a few moments to realize they weren't trying anymore so I stopped.

Then for the last 3 minutes we just jumped around each other and ran all over the place.
Good stuff.
Maybe the opponent disconnected halfway through the match? When an opponent disconnects mid-match, they're replaced by a worthless AI that hardly ever attacks and mainly just dodges and recovers.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
so this ROB, right? he just floats into my fully charged PK Flash as if it does nothing...

Rojo Espada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rojo_Espada
3DS FC
4313-0371-7210
Maybe the opponent disconnected halfway through the match? When an opponent disconnects mid-match, they're replaced by a worthless AI that hardly ever attacks and mainly just dodges and recovers.
That would explain things. Now that memeory is less memorable. Aww

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
Playing 2v2 FG with a friend. Our opponents: a Donkey Kong and a Dedede. The Dedede spent the entire match doing nothing but his butt stomp, jet hammer walk and the infamous D3 crouch taunt. The DK was trying really hard, which made it seem a lot funnier than it probably was. We got a couple free wins off them before letting them go.
A friendship was strained that day.

King Radical

Smash Rookie
So I just had a bizarre experience in 1 on 1. Came into a match as Lucina was fighting a Fox, he was just sort of standing there then he does his little gun flip taunt and side bs off the stages, then respawns and runs off and dies again. Ok so next game, quit and rejoined so I could get a new opponent. Totally different person playing shulk. Game starts, "I'm really feeling it!", SDs twice. Third game and again a totally different person. No taunts but they also just SD twice. I don't know why but I just got three players in a row SD themselves out of a match.

Only thing I can figure is that Lucina is one of the conquest character people right now and maybe they were trying to influence the results I guess? But do people really care about that that much?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I started a pretty normal FG 1-1 match with a Sonic player. He wasn't very good and I beat him handily.

The next match, he switches his tag to one he had premade that read "Tryhard!". During the match he jumped around for a few seconds and then he SD'd twice. It felt like I was bathing in the Great Salt Lake.

Darkwing

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-1864-0196
In a team smash, Myself picking Lucina, and my partner picking Shulk, went up against an opposing Shulk and Lucina. Then we just kind of taunted for about ten seconds once the match started.

TheBurningBadger

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChibiOfficial
3DS FC
4871-5711-3749
Me(Pit) and a Captain falcon player T-Bagging like there's no tomorrow

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Playing against a Lucina, I kill her rather easily, and shortly afterward she starts crouching repeatedly. I begin to wonder what she wants, spending a solid two minutes trying to interpret her signals and concluding that she wants me to SD to tie up the stocks (although that's most likely not what she wanted). I really didn't care, so I threw away a stock.

Then she continued crouching and holding up the game.

Top Bottom