• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Snake glitch?

XepherLord

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm pretty sure that I'm just doing something incredibly wrong, but if I'm not then Snake has some seriously weird C4 issues. After I plant the C4, I try to detonate it with Down-B, but nothing happens 95% of the time! What is going on?

Here is a link to a video of me failing over and over again to blow up Mario. It's an unlisted video on my Youtube channel, in case you're wondering. If anyone can tell me what's up with this, I will be very grateful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGr9JYWxESo

Badge

Smash Apprentice
That's an intentional feature to fake detonations. To activate the explosion you just have to let go of B before it would happen, which is after almost exactly 1/3 of a second.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Sometimes when you tap the button twice it will read as the fake out instead of the actually explosion. So you have to press the button just once.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Yeah if you press down B then the game tries to find your C4 but of course Megatron comes in and smacks it in the head and the c4 is like hey ***** ***** ass ****** **** yo mama and then it just gets outta hand so we don't talk about it anymore at the dinner table.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah I need to utilize this more. Love what P:M did with his C4 in general.
- Mindgames.
-Permanent Sticky
-Delicious.

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
I just hope in the next version of P:M that they switch around Snakes C4.... I love the idea of the fake out... I just hate that its the hold instead of the tap... It just makes more since to me that it would be the tap option to be the fake out... its really just annoying whenever i'm under pressure and try to C4 recover and wind up faking out because i didn't tap the stupid B button. I mean i know the argument is well with enough practice you'll be able to handle it better under pressure... or at least make it where the fake out is like lucario's aura bomb and you hit A and B together to do it... but this is just my personal opinion... I know that the argument is always with enough practice you'll get the hang of it... I'm just fustrated with it to a point i tend to start avoiding using the C4 because its really just turning into a major hassle whenever i'm trying to deal with high pressure characters

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
I just hope in the next version of P:M that they switch around Snakes C4.... I love the idea of the fake out... I just hate that its the hold instead of the tap... It just makes more since to me that it would be the tap option to be the fake out... its really just annoying whenever i'm under pressure and try to C4 recover and wind up faking out because i didn't tap the stupid B button. I mean i know the argument is well with enough practice you'll be able to handle it better under pressure... or at least make it where the fake out is like lucario's aura bomb and you hit A and B together to do it... but this is just my personal opinion... I know that the argument is always with enough practice you'll get the hang of it... I'm just fustrated with it to a point i tend to start avoiding using the C4 because its really just turning into a major hassle whenever i'm trying to deal with high pressure characters

Your profile pic is awesome by the way lol. I can't say that i agree with you completely. Maybe about the tapping and holding being reversed but at the same time if you just tap the button to detonate then your finger is free to do whatever else needed like react to a dodge or set up another attack. It also can be argued that if you set off the mine and you are like ohhh shiz im in range of that then you can hold the button or tap to cancel the explosion. I also feel like pressing a and b at the same time would be too awkward for that attack. Me personally my fingers slip so that would cause me to screw myself out of a detonation. I too was like wtf when I first started playing as snake because I did the same exact thing. It took me a while to figure it out. Shoot i think I had almost posted it as a glitch, or maybe I did... I dont remember. Im tired of typing now lol

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
thank ya for the complement... actually i had posted that so long ago that i really should have posted a retort to what i said... initially i was playing on a wireless controller whenever i had first started playing P:M and well within the last few months i switch up to playing with gamecube controllers which made it so much easier to control the c4... idk if it was from input drops (which wouldn't really make since because i think that would premature it more than likely) or just maybe the amount of pressure registered between the two different controllers are completely different... regardless within the first few days of playing on the Gamecube controller i found that all the problems i was having with this had gone away and had become actually much more feasible tool...and i hate to sound like the guy blaming the controller but the more i play with a gamecube, the better i've become

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
No you arent that guy lol. Smash was meant to be played with a gamecube controller. Its just... right. I would be really impressed if there was sombody that could best a good player with a wii controller.

Top Bottom