• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Sheik Tech Involving Vanish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mage_sorcerer

Smash Rookie
So, I have noticed that when Sheik is dashing on the ground and performs a grounded Vanish, Sheik slides a bit. So, i tried this near ledges, and noticed that Sheik will slide off the ledge while still performing the Vanish. Depending on the distance you start the up b while running near an edge (this also works on platforms, even slanted ones), Sheik will slide off at different lengths. I don't know if this has been discovered already and if it has sorry for bringing up old news, but if it hasn't, then I'll call this the "Vanish Slide?" Pretty simple, if you have a better name feel free to tell me. I have not found many uses for this yet, I'm still testing this. But right now is looks like this would be used for mostly mindgames and tricky maneuvers around the stage. Presently, I am unable to post any visuals, but this is reasonably simple to perform. Just run to an edge and when you are going to (nearly about to for a shorter distance) reach the very edge of it, up b. Just make sure to not jump or leave the edge before vanishing. Hope this comes of use to Sheik mains.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So, I have noticed that when Sheik is dashing on the ground and performs a grounded Vanish, Sheik slides a bit. So, i tried this near ledges, and noticed that Sheik will slide off the ledge while still performing the Vanish. Depending on the distance you start the up b while running near an edge (this also works on platforms, even slanted ones), Sheik will slide off at different lengths. I don't know if this has been discovered already and if it has sorry for bringing up old news, but if it hasn't, then I'll call this the "Vanish Slide?" Pretty simple, if you have a better name feel free to tell me. I have not found many uses for this yet, I'm still testing this. But right now is looks like this would be used for mostly mindgames and tricky maneuvers around the stage. Presently, I am unable to post any visuals, but this is reasonably simple to perform. Just run to an edge and when you are going to (nearly about to for a shorter distance) reach the very edge of it, up b. Just make sure to not jump or leave the edge before vanishing. Hope this comes of use to Sheik mains.
This has been known since the beginning of Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom