• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

weird phantasm

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
this might already be known but i've searched quite a bit on the boards and havn't found anything. yes i've only posted twice and can already tell you i don't have any video proof so that's it for my credibility.

so...while i was practicing with falco on FD i was on the ledge and performed a short hop phantasm the get back on the staged but i kinda misstimed it in between landing on the stage and grabbing the ledgeand to my astonishement, i instantly found myself standing on the edge of FD.

so i tried reproducing it but not knowing the necessary timing i was only able to do it twice out of like trying 30 times and i'm pretty shure that there was almost no lag after it. what use does it have? well when your on the ledge and your opponent is waiting for you just a bit further to come back up probably suspecting the short hop phantasm well you'll just pop up on the stage and can then just do what ever you want.

There also the possibility of timing your phantasm between grabbing the ledge and falling to your death. this makes you do a phantasm that slides across the lower part of Fd till you almost reach it's bottom. what use does it have? killing your self with style :)

now the timing is really hard, i only made by luck and i don't really know if it's even possibly do it whenever you want. hopefully my first sharing to the community and longest writing in months :) won't be useless. i'd like to know what you all think about it and if anyone else has ever done it too.
thanks for reading

sandwhale

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, I've done that alot on mistake and seen other Falcos do it.

This game is wierd.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
lol falling with style. But yeah the wolf comm. found the same thing. Lets wait for their analysis and stradedgy then make ours based off of them. Just a suggestion.

J4pu

Smash Champion
It's happened to me too, probably just depends on phantasm height
but it could also depend on horizontal distance of phantasm, if you canceled the phantasm and when.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Happening to me quite a few times as well.

It's very strange. I can't give you reasons though.

But what J4pu said seems to right.

So far it has only happened when Falco is already close to the edge.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
well i definitly know that the vertical distance needed is just not grabbing the ledge on either side but for horizontal, well it's only worked for me too when i was right next to the stage so far and no i've never tried canceling it

yeah i'll try looking for info on the wolf boards and maybe fox too.

Top Bottom