• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird New Visual Effect I Just Noticed

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
So, like most of you, I have been playing Smash Ultimate non-stop for about the last month. However, a couple days ago, I noticed a strange visual effect that I don't remember seeing before, it's likely I just hadn't noticed it yet. It seems like, whenever you pull off a hit that launches a fighter in any direction, this blue line of light appears right at the point of impact, and it is pointed in the direction that the opposing player was launched. It looks a little out of place to me because it usually doesn't point in the same direction as the smoke trails, but instead is a rigid visual representation of the direction which the fighter is launched, kind of similar to the trajectory lines in training mode, but just a short line.

My main question is, has this visual feature been in smash in prior titles, and I just didn't see it? Or is it a new feature? I don't know how it would be done, but it's something I'd like to be able to turn off if at all possible, because it is not as fluid or natural looking as the other effects. And the worst part is that it's present on nearly every attack on every fighter, it's one of those things that you can't unsee once you first notice it. I'll learn to live with it either way, but I was just wondering if it's something other people have noticed too.

https://imgur.com/a/LEbJepM Here's a picture of what I'm talking about, it's especially obvious in those cool new cinematic hits.

Top Bottom