• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Ness movement I noticed.

Orangeweegee

Smash Rookie
I was playing Jigglypuff for ****s and giggles against a lvl 8 Ness. I don't recall what was actually happening in the match but Ness did a sliding up smash across about 3/4 of ferox. It looked like a dacus but went much further. I don't play Ness so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone knows anything about it.

Geo1576

Smash Rookie
NNID
geo1576
3DS FC
1306-6256-8837
oh yeah, thats a technique i noticed and use all the time. it won't go that far, but a super speed ness can use it like crazy. also some other characters might be able to pull that off as well.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I was playing Jigglypuff for ****s and giggles against a lvl 8 Ness. I don't recall what was actually happening in the match but Ness did a sliding up smash across about 3/4 of ferox. It looked like a dacus but went much further. I don't play Ness so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone knows anything about it.
was it a random CPU and did you have customs on? if so, it could've been due to equipment. If not, a video would be nice

Orangeweegee

Smash Rookie
Sorry Kenny. I completely forgot I made this thread. It was a random CPU and I may have had custom movesets on which may explain it. Although I have never seen a CPU do a dacus before. I remember him having extra momentum and it seemed similar to the amount of momentum in Yoshi's Buffered Egg Toss Slide. I don't have a video to show sorry man. =/

Edit: This may be a stretch but something I remembered reading about the egg toss slide is that if Yoshi's Dash attack is canceled any way including being hit by something. As long as you are buffering the up B It will still give you the momentum from the dash attack While using the up B. Could It be possible I hit him during his dash attack and the cpu buffered an up smash so he got knockback + the dash attack moment on this up smash and it made him move further than a normal dacus would? I have no one to test this against or I would test myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom