• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird jump mechanic

knepsis

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that when I drop from ledge and try to fair/bair back onto stage pit will sometimes fair away from the stage. Could someone explAin what exactly causes this?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I've noticed that when I drop from ledge and try to fair/bair back onto stage pit will sometimes fair away from the stage. Could someone explAin what exactly causes this?
Pit turns around mid jump if you hold the direction.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I know he turns around, but when I jump off and c stick towards the stage sometimes I get fair away
You jumped, turning around on accident when you did and fair, the fair was buffered meaning you won't get bair even after you've turned around.

knepsis

Smash Rookie
You jumped, turning around on accident when you did and fair, the fair was buffered meaning you won't get bair even after you've turned around.
how exactly does this buffer work, jump is supposed to take precedence over attack and only one action can be buffered

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
how exactly does this buffer work, jump is supposed to take precedence over attack and only one action can be buffered
@LancerStaff is a better person to ask than me on this stuff, jump takes precedence over attack?
Anyways im assuming you let go of the ledge and drifted back, you then jumped away and tried to bair (<---- you attacked in this direction), however you probably did so before your jumping turn around animation was completed ao you essentially buffered a fair that came out as soon as your turnaround finished.
That's how I think it works.....this doesn't happen to me like at all nowadays, Lancer pls share your knowledge and correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom