• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Fox Up-B Tech (discovered?)

Ka0

Smash Rookie
Hi guys!

Today I discovered a strange Tech(?) with Fox. I don't really have an idea of what happened.
When I Up-Bd out of the air on the stage, an angled Up-B followed.

Does somebody know whats going on? Or is it a glitch?
Because I failed on trying to do it on purpose, but maybe it's because I'm too bad to do it :D

Anyway I hope somebody can explain it to me :p

Youtube:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
You could do something similar to this in Brawl, but I've never met anyone who could consistently do it.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Now that is weird, I gotta try this out whenever I get the chance to play. It's kinda similar to curve firefox in brawl.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Just did that same glitch yesterday online. I think to do it, use firefox (in mid-air) down, hitting opponent & the ground then quickly move left/right. The problem is im been trying to pull it off again in training mode so far w/no luck. Might be a bug that happens in online matches. idk i'll keep working at it and see what comes up.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Whoa.....it could be stage-specific too. But probs not since it's an omega. Idk, there are a lot of variables here. Might test this just out of curiosity.

Last edited:

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Aight this was up. I did that glitch twice today both were online 1vs1 matches. Its not stage-specific cause both times were on different stages. Im (kinda) sure its an online bug tho. Was only able to do it 2x out of 100+. hmm.. not sure what else to try out.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
My best guess is that it has something to do with the fact that you hit the stage and your opponent close enough to simultaneously. An effect of the slight loss of momentum you get when you hit someone, perhaps?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm going to play some offline friendlies tomorrow and Friday, I'll experiment with those matches to see if it's really an online bug or not.

If it is an online bug though, it's definitely a very amusing one. Doesn't seem like it would be too useful though, attacking head on with Fire Fox is usually not the best of options

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
WHICH IS WHY NOBODY EXPECtS IT!!! IT'S GENIUS!
Seriously though, nobody is all that sure of what it's max range is, so you can sometimes get a hit with it lol (Still a bad option).

After 127 tries (stopped there because Kubrick number) I have not managed to get this to work in Training. Tried a bunch of different angles etc. Can't seem to figure out why it happens.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Lol, yeah you might get a hit with it, but it's still a bad option. If you have the chance to use Fire Fox to attack, you definitely have another move in your move-set that is 10x better, 10x faster, and 10x more effective.

M@v

Subarashii!
Sounds like its dependent on hitting your opponent as you hit the ground, or right before, since the ground is what normally cancels your firefox animation.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
I have done this with Falco! Offline! Twice! Pretty sure it's just you hitting your opponent overriding the ground cancelling the upB. Maybe the animation is slightly different?

Ka0

Smash Rookie
When I did this, it was offline, so it's definitely not an online bug.

FantomenK

Smash Rookie
NNID
FantomenK
I did this in training a couple of times. You basicly bounce off the enemy continuing the up-b

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
So I have been doing this so often in training that it has seeped into my normal play and now I suck because I use upB to attack lol

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Wow, this reminds me of when :4greninja: could Side Special out of his Dair when he landed.

Shame it requires you having to hit the opponent with it though, has anyone tested if it still works if the opponent is shielding?

Top Bottom