• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Double-Stock loss glitch

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
2 friends of mine we're playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and a really weird glitch happened.
Samus used down B and the bomb exploded right before he died, "saving" him from the blast zone for an extra second. However, he actually lost two stocks, one immediately before and one after the explosion. Is this known
already? Can someone reproduce it?

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2izqZnwAkg&feature=youtu.be (Happens at 1:05)

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I can reproduce it. That's a major problem. Something weird going on in pokemon stadium in that spot if you drop bombs. I can indefinitely bomb as well in training mode.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Good news is that it only happens to the user, so Sammy doesn't need to get banned or anything. Bad news is that it's a pretty painful glitch...

Any ideas what happens on your last stock? Hopefully it doesn't crash the game or something major like that.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It's not just that stage. I got it to work on BF too. It can either be used to stall (I was able to do it for a decent amount of time once, maybe 10 to 15 more down-specials before I finally died) or result in taking two stocks. I believe the difference lies in whether you bomb-hop (or whatever it's called) straight up or to the side. I've never lost two stocks from jumping straight up, though sometimes I'll lose one stock and then continue to do a couple of down-specials before finally disappearing. When this happens and I move slightly to the right or left however, I will lose a second stock. I theorise that the blast-zone only accepts one stock per specific area that you enter it.
My thoughts? Don't use it. Even if you know you're going to die anyway and want to try to stall for a bit, the risk is too great.

Top Bottom