• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird cherry to hydrant effect

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
So I was messing around with the cherry again and I came across a funny effect you can do with the cherry and the hydrant

It takes a little practice to get the timing right but you can send the hydrant towards you by throwing a cherry at it. (possibly other fruit, I didn't test more)
From what I know you basically fall and Bair and stay in the spot you land. Then quickly turn around and throw the cherry right when the water is either first coming out or about to. It's hard to tell exactly. But basically right around the start or something of the water coming out.

Is it super useful? Probably not. I view it more as a mixup/mindgame kind of thing.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
It might just be a property of the Cherry when it gets affected by the Hydrant water, Even so, I don't remember the Cherry changing the trajectory angle of its target when water affects it.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I did this with the bell, I think it has a lot of potential, but it is really hard to perform in the middle of the battle

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I did this with the bell, cherry, melon

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I'm not sure if I see much potential here.

1) If we are to assume your opponent is to your left as the gif shows, the water will be pushing you towards your opponent before the hydrant gets there.
2) If your opponent is dropping down from above you, it's faster and offers more protection to bair the hydrant and then u-tilt the hydrant.

Top Bottom