• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Case of Lag

Hyro

Smash Lord
Help :(

So I use to have normal online lag. As in I would not lag with some people, and others I'd have a little bit of delay with. If the other guy had a bad connection, we would occasionally have visual lag.

Recently, this is the kind of lag I've had. And keep in mind I have the same exact connection. When I do not press any button on my controller, my opponent can move freely without any delay. When I DO press buttons on my controller, the match will have visual lag. The more rapid I press the buttons on my controller, the more the match will lag and if I press enough buttons the game will freeze to a halt until I stop pressing buttons.

It makes no sense. Anyone know what's going on?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So it visually lags if you create button input? Does your online partner have the same problem? As in, he can move normally while it will start to lag for him when you have button input?

Hyro

Smash Lord
No he can move as much as he wants. It's only when I move...

Also, I can't hold down buttons. Like if I try to use falco and up B to recover, the game will freeze until I let go of up B.

I'll try out that link, thanks.

Top Bottom