• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weight in Ultimate

What should be the definitive starting weight of the Super Heavy category?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vulgun

Smash Cadet
So I think that this may have been touched upon elsewhere, though if not and I'm the first to do so, I would like to touch upon the weight of the characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in this thread. Now this thread could range from discussions of particular characters and their weights (whether they feel or don't feel like they belong there) to discussions of what the classification of weight should be between all characters.

This topic also serves a secondary purpose in helping create a community-based weight chart for all of the characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, as well as showcase what your personal ideas of the weights for the characters could be. I believe this to be a fun little thing we could all get together to do within the future once discussions of that begin.

In relation to the above, I've also created a poll in regards to the classification of one of the weight classes, which is the Super Heavyweight class of characters and what should be the starting weight of the class.

Have fun discussing everything there is about this one small stat in Ultimate that really makes a difference.

Vulgun

Smash Cadet
Reserved text for weight charts created by individual people.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Me personally, I think the fact that the gap between Dedede and Ganondorf is the biggest in the game should mean something.
Only in absolute units. If you look at the knockback formula, weight is in the denominator and has 100 added to it. So the comparison is not that simple. If you calculate their "knockback susceptance" and check the percentage changes the actual biggest difference is between Jigglypuff and Squirtle. Ganon to DDD/DK is second biggest.

If you graph all the "knockback susceptances", most of the fighters fall on a pretty straight line with exceptions at the top and bottom end. The sharp tailup at the high end are Jigglypuff and Pichu, who coul dprobably be classed as the super-featherweights. The less sharp but still noticeable drop on the low end starts with Piranha Plant. It's up to you if you want to classify those as super heavies or just regular heavyweights.

screenshot.80.png

Vulgun

Smash Cadet
There's already a community consensus. There's literally fanart of the superheavyweights. No effort here will change that.

Me personally, I think the fact that the gap between Dedede and Ganondorf is the biggest in the game should mean something, so in my opinion there are only four SUPER heavyweights and the rest are just heavyweights. But my opinion is not the consensus.
This community consensus seems like it's all merely based on one person's opinion on the internet because he managed to make a weight chart faster than everybody else. The primary idea of this thread is to actually make an unbiased chart of the weight class system in Ultimate by the community for the community.

Additionally, that is just fanart. Fanart can change quite drastically. For instance, I can draw all of the super heavyweight category myself, all ending with Piranha Plant. There being fanart of something is not enough to back up the idea of the aforementioned chart.

=====

As there will likely be discussions surrounding the idea of weight charts in the future, I would at least like to share my thought on what the weight classifications should be in my opinion. My chart is based on a "rule of 10s". Every weight class starts at an interval of 10 and ends when it hits its subsequent 9 as the highest weight.

(Super Heavyweight Class | 110+)
:ultbowser:(135), :ultkrool:(133), :ultdk:/:ultkingdedede:(127), :ultganondorf:(118), :ultcharizard:/:ultincineroar:(116), :ultpiranha:(112)

(Heavyweight Class | 100-109)
:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:/:ultbowserjr:/:ult_terry:(108), :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:/:ultridley:/:ultwario:/:ultike:(107), :ultbanjokazooie:/:ultsnake:/:ultrob:(106), :ultlink:/:ultyoshi:/:ultfalcon:/:ultgunner:(104), :ultryu:/:ultken:(103), :ultmegaman:(102), :ulthero:(101), :ultcloud:/:ultswordfighter:(100)

(Middleweight Class | 90-99)
:ultcorrinf:/:ultdoc:/:ultmario:(98), :ultluigi:/:ultshulk:(97), :ultwiifittrainer:/:ultivysaur:/:ultpit:/:ultdarkpit:(96), :ultroy:/:ultchrom:/:ultrobinf:/:ultpacman:(95), :ultness:/:ultlucas:/:ultinkling:(94), :ultjoker:(93), :ultwolf:/:ulticeclimbers:/:ultvillager:/:ultlucario:(92), :ulttoonlink:/:ultpalutena: (91), :ultmarth:/:ultlucina:/:ultdiddy:(90)

(Lightweight Class | 80-89)
:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy:(89), :ultisabelle:/:ultgreninja:/:ultyounglink:(88), :ultlittlemac:(87), :ultsonic:/:ultduckhunt:(86), :ultzelda:(85), :ultfalco:/:ultrosalina:(82), :ultbayonetta:(81), :ultmetaknight:/:ultzss:(80)

(Featherweight Class | 70-79)
:ultkirby:/:ultpikachu:/:ultolimar:/:ultmewtwo:(79), :ultsheik:(78), :ultfox:(77), :ultsquirtle:/:ultgnw:(75)

(Flyweight Class | 60-69)
:ultjigglypuff:(68), :ultpichu:(62)

My idea is to make a more easily categorized weight chart that would more easily put characters in fitting spots and not have a sort of messy design to it. Everything is neatly compact and easier to read than what was previously given to us. In my opinion, this would be the optimal weight chart going forward.

Though I'd like to hear out what your guys' weight charts would be, or whether you agree or disagree with mine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom