• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ween

Spire

III
BRoomer

WEEN - the ultimate experience of comical hysteria and illogical reasoning with all that is brown to the extent where the mind loses sight of what is real, and adopts all that is better than real as a new means of living.

[Ween, in a nutshell]​

>>Official Ween website<<

Ween formed back in 1984 by Aaron Freeman and Mickey Melchiondo, who while in typing class, saw the demon-god, Boognish beyond the door to the classroom. Upon confronting him, he offered them the scepters of wealth and power in exchange for the spread of his name under the aliases Gene and Dean Ween (Aaron and Mickey). 24 years later, they have yet to receive these scepters.

If you've ever listened to music, but not heard Ween, then you've never experienced the absolute best of the best. Bending music into a form touched only by the Boognish, Ween both blesses and curses the people of this world in a limbo of cosmic-fueled idiocy on levels untouched by those outside of the world of Ween.

Ever hear of ol' Merlin? That's petty pocket-tricks in comparison to the wizardry of Ween. See the brown, hear the brown, smell, taste, feel, and truly experience the brownest of brown in this ****ty world with the majestic heresy laced in every opus of Ween; unravel the threads of your so-called-life for a new flag of justice - that which flies the face of Boognish.

Studio Albums (1990 - Present):
1990 // GodWeenSatan: The Oneness
1991 // The Pod
1992 // Pure Guava
1994 // Chocolate & Cheese
1996 // 12 Golden Country Greats
1997 // The Mollusk
1999 // Craters of the Sac
2000 // White Pepper
2003 // Quebec
2005 // Shinola Vol. 1
2007 // La Cucaracha

Live Albums:
1999 // Paintin' the Town Brown: Ween Live 1990-1998
2001 // Live in Toronto Canada
2002 // Live at Stubbs 7/2000
2003 // All Request Live
2004 // Live in Chicago
2008 // At the Cat's Cradle, 1992

And loads of other work, including many EPs and singles, collaborations with other artists, and hundreds of b-sides.

Ween has done it all, and if you're reluctant to experience it, get off my planet.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ween formed back in 1984 by Aaron Freeman and Mickey Melchiondo, who while in typing class, saw the demon-god, Boognish beyond the door to the classroom. Upon confronting him, he offered them the scepters of wealth and power in exchange for the spread of his name under the aliases Gene and Dead Ween (Aaron and Mickey). 24 years later, they have yet to receive these scepters.
I'll never get tired of that :laugh:

Studio Albums (1990 - Present):

1994 // Chocolate & Cheese
1996 // 12 Golden Country Greats
1997 // The Mollusk
BEYOND EPIC albums.

Maybe we should start an invite only music elitist Social Group here, you and me. But who else would even be eligible for membership?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Maybe we should start an invite only music elitist Social Group here, you and me. But who else would even be eligible for membership?
Obviously no one else. Posted this five days ago and NOW get a response. I'm sure there's at least one other Weener (hawhaw) out there on the boards. I'll start the group though, because come on... it's a necessary evil.

The fact that 12GCG features only 10 songs makes the album even better. Not a fan of country, but it has to be one of my all-time favorite albums.

Mollusk and C&C are epic through and through, but I'm keen on The Pod (gotta love the Leonard Cohen album cover rip) and Quebec. I could listen to both of those from start to finish an infinite amount of times.

As for their latest work, The Friends EP was epic beyond belief, but La Cucaracha was horrid.

EDIT: Haha, I just realized I typed "Dead Ween" rather than Dean. I feel terrible for 'harbinging' his death by doing so. **** jinx!

Top Bottom