• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Wifi Competition starts next Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Weekly Wifi Competition

Alright here's how this works:
On Saturdays by USA time the Link boards have a friendly wifi competition. Post your time zone and what times you will be able to wifi on this thread. Keep an Xat chat window open during that time.
http://xat.com/Link_Online
Use xat to talk, be critiqued, and find matches. Post if you can record matches and we might show some here. Constructive thread suggestions are appreciated.
All characters and players are welcome. You will not be ranked and don't have to be critiqued either. If you want to play a specific person, character, and/or stage just say so. Ask if you want the matches to be recorded beforehand. Try to play new people and include everyone. Remember it's wifail and everyone will make dumb moves.
Always remember This is for FUN!
Let's have some good wifi Link boards!
:link::joyful::link2:

Times:
People in North America visit xat at 6pm East coast, 4pm Mountain time and 2pm West coast (same time).
Other continents can join of course, and should post a time for their region. The lag will be bad from farther than a few time zones away and this can't be at a convenient time for everyone at once so each region will have their own set time on Saturday (or Friday or Sunday if those work better). For now ^this is how it works. Give feedback here and I'll fine-tune.
Organizing is hard:dizzy:.

Rizen

Smash Legend
reserved...
(^Is that the ugliest first pot you've ever seen or what? I'll clean it up later.)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ok, I main Link, am in the Mountain Standard time zone (green -7) and can't record matches because my wii's not hacked. Brawl FC: 2921-8779-7000. This post says 6:00 PM.

MY xat name is '...' and I have a tetris avatar.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
3952-6726-3327

Pit main, but i can also play Link, TL, Ike, Kirby, Mario, and PT fairly well if someone wants to fight one of those. Link and Pit always do about the same. The rest get better or worse depending on character and play style of my opponent, and sometimes may do better then Pit or Link.

I think im about -10 on that timezone map. Be aware that i dont have daylight savings time so time difference will change when daylight savings time does. My post should be around 3 pm my time. Also not hacked.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
This is Huggles, all systems go!

I play Link mostly, but I also play Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ganon (I have trouble on wifi with him), Ness (same problem; you ever tried controlling B up with lag?), DK, Peach, just about anyone really. Also have an unhacked Wii because I'm lazy, haha.

I'm headed back to Charleston tomorrow, so I'll be using my friend code under my name again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, time zone is -5. As of this edit it's 11:35. Original post says 9:42 for me.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
This is Quirky, reporting to get OWNED.

I'm in the -5 zone in the map. I would actually prefer a weekday (my weekends are mostly booked, unfortunately), but if it's a weekend, it's a weekend and I'll try getting in at least one match.

My FC is on the left. I'll play Link a bit. Otherwise, Ike, dash of Ganon (hyuk hyuk) and THE gayest MK ever. EVER. If I feel ballsy, I'll try out ZSS (that's pushing it, though).

My Wii IS hacked so I CAN record matches. Let me know if you want them handed over to Scabe for uploading.

This post says edited at 10:37 and it IS 10:37. Hmm..

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hmm i might have to be absent from the first 2 weekend stuff atleast. Im moving on friday and i need to finish this animation project by the 30th that isnt even half way done yet.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
At the moment I'm hating WiFi and the game so I won't be joining in on this for now until I have the love for the game again.

This thread is sorta like our other WiFi thread, I wonder what to do about that.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well the other one is kind of just a place to find the friend code and is kind of flooded with a bunch of information that isn't really required for just for fun play that this one is focusing on. Also we have no real control over that thread as that guy isn't around that often to change stuff on the OP.

Would be great if we could move the List from the other wifi thread into here and with this handy time zone map its a lot easier to see how much time difference is between everyone.

Itazuki

Smash Cadet
I won't be able to play for a while, but I'd be interested in joining this once my wii is back in commission. I live in California, or GMT-8. I can use Link and TL interchangeably, but I can also use Marth, Zelda/Sheik (Better with Sheik), and Luigi. FC is on the right, wii is NOT hacked YET, but I plan to hack it by the time I start this.

Evenings in my time zone would work best, but I might be able to make adjustments depending on what I'm doing that day.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Will this require me to use my Link over Wi-Fi? He's my offline main and i don't like him online:dizzy:
But meh, i'll do so if it is at least a Yellow connection. If it isn't mandatory for me to use Link in this, i'll be going Samus and/or Falcon.
Just for the heads up.

Anyway, 3222-6676-2121

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I main Link, I'm in the +10 timezone. Brawl FC: 1032-6545-6977. This post says 12:37 PM.

What time on Saturday's do we gather?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sooooo didn't know this was Saturday :x (TL;DR)
I've got an offline tournament every 2nd and 3rd Saturday, so i'll only be available every other Saturday. I should be able to compete next Saturday, though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Canceled

Will this require me to use my Link over Wi-Fi? He's my offline main and i don't like him online:dizzy:
But meh, i'll do so if it is at least a Yellow connection. If it isn't mandatory for me to use Link in this, i'll be going Samus and/or Falcon.
Just for the heads up.

Anyway, 3222-6676-2121
It's for fun. Use anyone:bee:.
I main Link, I'm in the +10 timezone. Brawl FC: 1032-6545-6977. This post says 12:37 PM.

What time on Saturday's do we gather?
[Deleted. Reason: too loosey-goosey.]
A wired connection helps. MY xat name is '...' and I have a tetris avatar.

<><><><><><>
Edit:
How about this: People in North America visit xat at 6pm East coast, 4pm Mountain time and 2pm West coast (same time).
Other continents can join of course, and should post a time for their region. The lag will be bad from farther than a few time zones away and this can't be at a convenient time for everyone at once so each region will have their own set time on Saturday (or Friday or Sunday if those work better). For now ^this is how it works. Give feedback here and I'll fine-tune.
Organizing is hard:dizzy:.

Edit, 5th time: Canceled for this week. I'm not getting enough feed back and no one's replied so we'll try for next week.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
NOOOOOO!!!!!! I just got on the Xat to do this. I'd have been on earlier, but my internet was down for a bit. Well, I'll still hang around a bit if anyone wants to play. 6:15ish (about an hour from now) I'm probably gonna go grab dinner though.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This isn't going to good all too well, ensuring the fact that we don't have that big a number of Link mains :x
I'd try to get some people in here that have yet to discover this place, but the numbers shouldn't go up by many...
Also, Rizen, you may want to set up a standardized format, i'm used to seeing things such as Ledge limits, CG restrictions, etc. :rolleyes:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I guess a standard format isn't assumed. I'll copy a set of rules from some tourney. The thing that I was working towards was having other character mains play vs Link and to give the xat chat a purpose.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I'm free on most weekdays (let me know in advance, though, please?) from 11 AM to 5 PM. My FC is on the left.

@moromatic, if you want, we can play tomorrow. I'm not that great, though, and you might want to check out my vid on the vid section (I lost).

Rizen

Smash Legend
*sigh* Darn. This idea isn't going to work.
@Scabe or Zeus: you might as well lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom