• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Nintendo Corner - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I have really fond memories of Melee. Back as a 7 year old kid, it took a lot of convincing for my parents to let me buy Melee, but eventually I did. I fondly remember sucking at it and failing at even the early events...but the memory I remember best was unlocking Ganondorf. After finally beating that event, I saw the challenger screen, the fight began...and Ganondorf proceeded to turn around and run off the stage. I was confused, then started cracking up. It truly was magical. I'm still looking for my copy of Melee, but I haven't seen it since middle school. I'd love to find it again to get into it competitively.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I have really fond memories of Melee. Back as a 7 year old kid, it took a lot of convincing for my parents to let me buy Melee, but eventually I did. I fondly remember sucking at it and failing at even the early events...but the memory I remember best was unlocking Ganondorf. After finally beating that event, I saw the challenger screen, the fight began...and Ganondorf proceeded to turn around and run off the stage. I was confused, then started cracking up. It truly was magical. I'm still looking for my copy of Melee, but I haven't seen it since middle school. I'd love to find it again to get into it competitively.
Ganon be like "It's not worth it!" :p

Jupiter9099

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-3222-8455
I will never forget the day I went over to play games at my friend's house and found out that there was a sequel to Super Smash Brothers. Seeing the vast number of new characters/stages and the overall improved graphics blew my mind.

T0RN

I'm Torn
What blew my mind was when I first started watching smash videos, I thought that things like shffling or wavedashing were next to impossible.

Reivax

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1032-2112-0077
Buy a game for $120.... :|

Or... download the emulator dolphin and play it in PC with a pc gamecube adapter(you can find them in amazon)

But that is not like you know... stealing?

120 FOR A GAME!!!! If anyone is stealing here, is nintendo, they could sell it as a digital game in nintendo shop

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Either being a Melee hater due to the advanced techs, a Brawl/Smash 4 hater due to the much lower number of ATs or someone who can appreciate any Smash because they're ALL so much fun!
Knowing me I'll be an appreciator of all Smash, I'm like that with the Civilization series of games for example; I heart Civ IV, CivRev and Civ V. But actually I was trying to suggest that I may have turned into a full fledged competitor - due to Melee essentially catalyzing the competitive scene - rather than the better-than-casual worse-than-competitive 'fringe' player I am now, steadily gaining experience with every Classic, Crazy Orders and All-Star game.

D

Deleted member

I really liked playing Melee back in the day. I can't play it now because my Wii's disc drive doesn't work anymore. Oh well, still, a great game just like all games in the series.

Grundy

Smash Rookie
****, I still have two copies with cases and manuals. The one thing i have been responsible about since I was 7.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
I would love to play melee, but I need to buy it, and it's pretty expensive, not as much as TTYD but still pretty expensive, and my gamecube doesn't work so good anymore, but one day I'll play it

Top Bottom