• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weegee vs The World (OUTDATED)

Weegee vs The World (OUTDATED)

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
MM720 submitted a new guide:

Weegee vs The World - The #1 Guide of Advanced Techniques and Competitive Matchups of SSB4 Luigi

Sooo...you picked up Luigi! You got a hang of how his moves work? Great!
Oh you played a match and lost miserably against an opponent you underestimated and that blocked your strategy? WHELP time to do something about that!

This is my guide dedicated to the matchups that every SSB4 Luigi main should and needs to know!

As Drybones08 already made an excellent guide regarding moves and basic strategy, I will not (unless there turns out to be a big demand for it), write anything about the...
Read more about this guide...

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806

TriTails

Smash Lord
Yo buddy. Just here to tell you that this guide is great, but...

In the D-throw to short hop in the section you just added. You said F-tilt -> Land. Er, you sure this wasnt a mistake? I don't recall you can F-tilt in the air...

Oh, and also, can you enlighten me on LM MU? His F-tilt and jabs eat Fireballs, and his super armored smashes are SO hard to punish. Help?

Mr. Sakurai nerf plz.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Yo buddy. Just here to tell you that this guide is great, but...

In the D-throw to short hop in the section you just added. You said F-tilt -> Land. Er, you sure this wasnt a mistake? I don't recall you can F-tilt in the air...

Oh, and also, can you enlighten me on LM MU? His F-tilt and jabs eat Fireballs, and his super armored smashes are SO hard to punish. Help?

Mr. Sakurai nerf plz.
Haha yes that was a mistake thanks for correcting me! :)

As for the LM Matchup, shield his Dash attack approaches and sidestep the grabs, then shieldgrab or maybe do a quick ftilt or something. Placing yourself near the end of the map/ledge is a double-edged sword. If you can do a bthrow on a LM right at the edge just gimp him for free kills. He can take fireballs yes but the fact that he does not have a projectile himself makes them useful.

At the same time placing yourself near an edge also makes it easier for him to kill you if you get hit by a Smash or ftilt (you shouldn't generally allow him to hit you with them.

As for his Super Armor......that's something that I had problems with for a while as well and it's still annoying. My advice is to always try to punish with grabs or shoryukens (or with smashes, especially Fsmash since that stuff is crazy strong). If you're at high percent, DON'T go for Smashes and either grab or punish after he actually attacks. If he's also at high percents, a grab even at mid-stage should be enough to kill him anyway :)

There's something I could quickly think of right now. Hope it helps!

TriTails

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice. Though, by sidestep, you mean rolls?

However, still has problems with F-tilt. You can't shieldgrab since it pushes you quite far, and the end lag is low. It eats Fireballs, and can kill. Jumping will net you an U-smash getting smacked to your face, and while you can spotdodge, you'll just get jabbed. Help?

And how do you dodge his smashes? Roll? Spotdodge? Shield? (Probably not because it pushes Luigi to the moon) or better yet, PERFECT shield?

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Thanks for the advice. Though, by sidestep, you mean rolls?

However, still has problems with F-tilt. You can't shieldgrab since it pushes you quite far, and the end lag is low. It eats Fireballs, and can kill. Jumping will net you an U-smash getting smacked to your face, and while you can spotdodge, you'll just get jabbed. Help?

And how do you dodge his smashes? Roll? Spotdodge? Shield? (Probably not because it pushes Luigi to the moon) or better yet, PERFECT shield?
Sidestepping means the same as Spotdodging. LM's Ftilt is indeed his best move IMO and there isn't really any keys tips. If they spam it then it should be easy enough to counter but if they use it sparingly and when you least expect it (which is how it should be used) then I'm kind of stumped myself.

For his Smashes use both rolls and Spotdodge/sidestep. Try to avoid shielding. I haven't tried perfect shielding it much so I dunno about the consequences, but if perfect shielding means he won't push you away then it's definitely the best option. Shoryuken outta shield is ridiculously easy to do on most characters but in general most characters most punishable moves push you too far away to counter :(

In general I always think sidestepping>rolling if you do it just right (sidestepping too late may allow him to get a free hit. If you time your sidesteps right you can get lots of free grabs and punishes). Rolling is good if you want some distance/being in the middle or at the end of the stage isn't optimal ATM. Luigi doesn't have the best roll while LM's is amazing. Rolling too much can let him throw dashattacks and ftilts at you without getting a chance to recover.

I haven't fought a true dedicated LM main off-line but my tactics work against 95% of Macs I fight online as well as that occasional counterpick when I play locally against someone who isn't experienced with him. LM in general I find an annoying character to fight though because of his fast rolling, ftilt and reliance on spam (getting hit by attacks you clearly see coming but can't evade/fail to do it correctly by accident isn't fun)

Aquatics

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aquapk
this is should be updated, it said diddy 70-30 but that was ore patch. Luigi beats diddy, and sonic. He loses to rosa but it isnt that bad in 1.10

Top Bottom