• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weaknesses?

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
Hey all you Ike mainers, I've been wondering this for awhile.

Now all of you Ike fans (and really any other fans too, except Jigglypuff mainers really) have been picking out all of the positive things about Ike and how he can be used to wreck others.

But now I want to know all of your bad experiences with Ike. What I mean is what are his weaknesses, and your personal negative experiences, to his game that if used against him, would ruin any Ike user?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
his ability to be punished. Its the best!

His recovery is limited and gimpable in fact edgeguarding is the key point in defeating Ike if its not spamming projectiles.

Spamming projectiles kill you aka Wolf and Toon Link

Ike can be chain grabbed by some people (Pikachu and Sonic are some examples)

Ike is overplayed therefore every character has a anti-Ike strategy already.

Some people hate Ike players because of aforementioned statement.

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
his ability to be punished. Its the best!

His recovery is limited and gimpable in fact edgeguarding is the key point in defeating Ike if its not spamming projectiles.

Spamming projectiles kill you aka Wolf and Toon Link

Ike can be chain grabbed by some people (Pikachu and Sonic are some examples)

Ike is overplayed therefore every character has a anti-Ike strategy already.

Some people hate Ike players because of aforementioned statement.
so what should I do to counter Ike if I, for say, use Jigglypuff against Ike?

arnquist

Smash Rookie
Projectiles, side+b hitting Pikmin or Dedede's little dudes, getting "nudged" off the edge and using an aerial by mistake, can't make it back from that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
so what should I do to counter Ike if I, for say, use Jigglypuff against Ike?
get a counter pick character...

seriously Jiggly is owned by Ike..

If Ike charges QD, then charge rollout out of QD's reach Rollout is pretty strong but never tested it against a quick draw.

For an Ike recovering, use your superior air movement to gimp him or knock him away. Edgeguarding is KEY to killing Ike. Careful though, a fully charged QD will KILL you if your damage is 100%ish since its jiggy. If ike falls below the stage, don't try to stop him, cause aether will stop you and you don't want to get aether spiked now.

You just have to get Ike of the stage =\, you aerials are completely out ranged and your ground game is the worst in the game practically. Best thing to say is trick Ike and only strike when he is in lag. But a smart person will catch on and strike unexpectedly. Wall of Pain is a good idea.

Top Bottom