• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We should start matchup threads.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Hey guys! Smash 4 has been out for about 2 months now. I think we are ready to start matchup threads!

I was thinking, maybe we could have one MAIN thread, where we would post the outcome + links to the other discussion threads.

Then we can have individual threads relating to different chars.

Maybe we can do 5 chars a week?

What do you guys think?

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, it would be great for a small group of Ness mains to help out with the thread, it'll take awhile, but I'd be willing to help out.

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd be happy to make a thread for this; or alternatively if someone else wants to I can help arrange discussion and whatnot. I've said this before, but I really like what the Brawl Wario boards did where they went through every character and contacted that character board to discuss the match-ups. I think that would be the nicest way to do it, and you can always come back to an old discussion.

Noa.

Smash Master
I still think it's too early to have specific character matchup threads. They're very useful for consolidating all of the matchup specific advice that people have on each matchup. However who is actually well versed enough in numerous matchups to give useful input on each character. I feel like this early on a lot of advice would just boil down to just combo them and pk thunder juggle them. I for one only feel confident enough to go on at length about the rosalina, peach, mario, and yoshi matchup. I haven't played enough against the other characters or haven't played any good mains for those characters to give real, practical, specific advice for other matchups. Just my two cents. Give it another two or three months and we can start having matchup threads. :V

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Yink is on it already she'll make one when she has the time to set it up.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I haven't forgotten about it either, and I plan to have it out tomorrow night/Wednesday night. (I'll be going to Florida on Sat so I want it done before then).

It'll be a very basic general matchup discussion before we can really jump into the meat of our discussions since the game is still so young.

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
I still think it's too early to have specific character matchup threads. They're very useful for consolidating all of the matchup specific advice that people have on each matchup. However who is actually well versed enough in numerous matchups to give useful input on each character. I feel like this early on a lot of advice would just boil down to just combo them and pk thunder juggle them. I for one only feel confident enough to go on at length about the rosalina, peach, mario, and yoshi matchup. I haven't played enough against the other characters or haven't played any good mains for those characters to give real, practical, specific advice for other matchups. Just my two cents. Give it another two or three months and we can start having matchup threads. :V

I have a friend who has a secondary yoshi, what is the best way to handle a yoshi who mixes upbetween egg spam and approaching once they condition a defensive approach?

Top Bottom