• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We may not have a complete Tier List yet BUT...

IkeMaster15

Smash Cadet
One thing is for certain Lucario will be above Ike in the tier list. If two equally skilled players play and one uses Ike and the other Lucario. The Lucario player will win 9/10 times.

Deathmethod

Smash Rookie
Well, that was informative. Even though I can't even say your wrong, but how can you say your right? Do you have any proof or backing to this opinion of yours?

I must say that Lucario isn't an easy opponent, my good friend plays him and I usually have trouble with him. However we are pretty evenly matched and he doesn't win 9 out of 10 times. It all depends on how the person plays, both Lucario and Ike are slow (Ike is worse) and both are pretty strong (Ike wins here). However Lucario really shines when he gets into the high percentages. While Ike has an easier time killing people in the lower percentages due to his enormous strength. If you can get a F-smash off at 50% and kill him Lucario can't really achieve his destructive power.

So until you have any real explanation behind this I can't really see this as a valid point.

BTW, why do so many people attack the Ike forums? Is it like this everywhere, or do Ike's attack other forums? This is pretty ridiculous... :ohwell:

Ike'll be higher. Everyone and their mother are using Ike, and he's not all that complicated to use or even learn. You can also kill really easily with him to the point where it's not even funny. He's also hard to kill easily because of his weight, whereas Lucario dies easier from the top. Lucario's much more technical and loads harder to KO with. Granted, he racks up the combos and damage, and is definitely much faster, but he's really hard to kill with even at higher percents. Lucario's got a serious learning curve about him, whereas Ike's not all that complex, aside from some timing learning.

I predict that they'll be pretty close to each other, but I'd say Ike would be higher, if not by even one place.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Lucairio's more damage=more power thing will screw him over. Big time. Basicly it means get hitor use weak attacks. Pfft.

PwnageLlama

Smash Cadet
I cannot say whether this is correct or not, but...

Nearly every single forum thinks that their character is "High tier or mid tier at the worst." Every one has techniques with which they can say "With a chain grab/really good projectile, this character can't be low tier." Some will be right, and many wrong. Ike is very slow, which is a very large disadvantage. I really like Ike, but I don't see him going far in professional play.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Lucario is floaty, and weak at the start. Ike is not as floaty, and is never weak.

Ike needs less hits on Lucario to kill him, and lives longer, where as Lucario needs to be hit for better damage, and dies much faster.

>_>

The tier lsit is going to make so many fan boys look so ********.

pyro363

Smash Journeyman
looking for youko and samurai panda at michigan st
First off dude i like both ike and lucario but i can beat a lucario player more than once if i play ike and to be serious a tier list dosen't tell who is better cause any given person can pick any given charecter and beat another person no madder how high the oppent is in on the tier list. The tier list itself is gay and if you go by it you must be to.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
and to be serious a tier list dosen't tell who is better cause any given person can pick any given charecter and beat another person no madder how high the oppent is in on the tier list. The tier list itself is gay and if you go by it you must be to.
QFT!

Lucario might have an advantage, but 9/10?? No way.

Renth

Smash Hero
One thing is for certain Lucario will be above Ike in the tier list. If two equally skilled players play and one uses Ike and the other Lucario. The Lucario player will win 9/10 times.
Looks like we got another stupid scrub on our hands

Okay, first of all you post no evidence to back up your opinions which makes them about as useful as Helen Keller. I also do not agree with your opinion but you gave no facts to argue so this thread is also useless.

The Tier list.

Don't expect an accurate tier list for a long time, the tier list was determined by how often a character placed top 1 - X in a tournament. Marth/Fox/Falco won almost every tourn in melee so they were top tier. The thing is, the final tier list for melee was decided until many years into the series.

guys that's just me on an alt account making ******** posts
Understatement of the year?

thx

Smash Ace
there isnt a tier list but thats a stupid logic lol there are alot of people who do good against ike i find spacies rlly hard if they camp or approach with projectiles but that doesnt mean they will win almost all the time

NeoHub

Smash Rookie
I agree the match up a litle hard for Ike, but saying Ike looses 9 out of 10 is a lie.

Theres only 3 things that Lucario has over Ike in my opinion.

1) a Projectile
2) Some insane dis-jointed hit-boxes with the aura
3) The more damage he has the more damage he couses

The match up is'nt totally in Lucario's favor.

IkeMaster15

Smash Cadet
Alright so I was exaggerating a little bit on the 9/10 times lol. But here are my facts Ike has huge lag on his attacks and Lucario has an insane shield dodge. So for example if you are playing on battlefield Lucario is I'd say the MOST difficult matchup for Ike because Lucario is also able to projectile spam Ike a lot as well. Lucarios geat dodging, reach with his aura and projectile spamming gives him a huge advantage over ike.

So those are my arguments. Discuss

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
your arguments are for a single matchup
not a placing on a tier list

lucario's range isn't greater than that of ike's and his projectile can be blocked on approach

you are ********

GandalfOfWhite

Smash Rookie
The difference between the two characters in tier placement will be almost negligable if I had to take a guess. They each have their own strengths which, at the very least, will make both of them feasable, competitive choices. However, it seems Lucario does have a slight advantage over Ike 1v1, even if Ike does end up higher on the tiers. Lucario seems a pretty good counter pick for Ike at the moment. His disjointed hit-box has extraordinary priority and comes out far quicker than most of Ike's attacks. Both characters punish an opponents mistakes fairly well though. It just seems Ike is likely to make more, especially this early, due to the insane recovery time on most of his attacks. This may change given more time, practice, and discoveries, but at the moment I have few doubts over which character is likely to win one on one.

IkeMaster15

Smash Cadet
Yes but Smash bros. isn`t supposed to be a glorified rock, papers, scissors game like Halo 3. I could easily beat Lucario with Fox If I choose. But the great thing about Smash Bros. is choosing your favourite nintendo character and being able to challenge and beat other great nintendo characters With your favourite.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
Lucario being higher than Ike is bs, Lucario doesnt have the priority on land that ike does.

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
Yes but Smash bros. isn`t supposed to be a glorified rock, papers, scissors game like Halo 3. I could easily beat Lucario with Fox If I choose. But the great thing about Smash Bros. is choosing your favourite nintendo character and being able to challenge and beat other great nintendo characters With your favourite.
Amen, brother.

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
I'll agree that lucario is a pretty good character and all, but the only time he gives me trouble when my friends use lucario against my Ike is if I don't kill them before Lucario gets to much dmg racked up on him.

Top Bottom