• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We can't jump to "Ganon has been nerfed" just yet

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Sure the moves that made him "ganondorf" in melee are now edging near uselessness and he is only a shadow of his former self. Has anyone ever thought, mabye that's the point, to make ganon different?

Look at Fox, just because he can barely do ANY of what he could do in melee, and yes, we can officially say he has been nerfed (as needed) he is still very playable in that he plays much differently than in melee. Different kill moves, comboes, etc.

We don't know all the atributes of his tilts, smashes, frames of super armor, nor how all this plays out on a new game engine. All I'm saying is you can't give up hope just because his melee best are some of his worst, because he may just play differently this time around.

If Ganondorf is truly nerfed, I seriuosly think Sakurai is a bad smash player and thinks Ganondorf was overpowered.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Why can't we jump to ganon is nerfed yet? It's obvious he's slower, he has more lag, and his best moves that tbh weren't game breaking are now near unusable in the sense of speed.

We can say that he has been changed that it looks for the worse, so uh, that sounds like nerfing.

We don't know to what extent he was nerfed, but he definitely is slower, which generally sounds like a nerf.

Chillazn

Smash Rookie
Well I just hope he still has some of his techniques from melee, like the infinite invincibility thingy. Seems like it would be pretty useful against final smashes...?

Starscream

Smash Ace
Why can't we jump to ganon is nerfed yet?
Because simply, you haven't played the game extensively. Maybe Ganon will have a different play style. Maybe he will be nerfed. But you shouldn't pre-judge. Wait until you've actually played the game.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Ganon may be slower, but if he was slow in Melee, and that would be the only apparent nerf, would that make him automatically bad?

And if his moves have been selectively nerfed to oblivion, wouldn't that mean that he must have new moves to...

Oh forget it... I can't save him from his moves.

CURSE YOU SAKURAI!:mad:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
It's funny how they put an emphasis on aerial combat then proceeded to nerf G-Dorf's aerial game. And him still having his sword... as a taunt only, is yet another slap to the face.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
They should have changed him alot more, link gets moves from TP why shouldnt ganon?
Answers: laziness, time constraints... either that or they were too busy thinking up of new stickers to add.

*Or* maybe they just figured that if they gave G-Dorf his sword he'd be too much like Ike: a strong and slow swordsman.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Who knows maybe he gives unreasonable shield stun and auto-spaces you out of shield grab. =) ... I doubt it too.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
He's slower, and it looks like his range has been dramatically decreased. He better be a hell of a lot stronger or it looks like Melee is to Bowser as Brawl is to Ganondorf. Sucktastic villain.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Ironically, as I was just making this observation to a friend today, it seems like bowser and ganon may have just switched places in the tier list, as now ganon is the new bowser and bowser arguably is the new ganon. hahaha.

But yeah, I can't see why we can't even say that his speed has been nerfed. It's obvious that it has. We don't know about advanced techniques, we don't know anything about how he can be played,, however, we can say that he is slower, thus his speed is nerfed. Ganon, thus, is nerfed.

And if speed remains one of the key parts of the game, whether it be attack speed or lag,......

Top Bottom