• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We can't have lyn...so..what about another FE7 Lord?

Szion

Smash Journeyman

i've been working on the psa for him i discovered for..what appears to be half a year now. a little less.

I do need help though. I cant animate..and his up B going up and his fsmash need new animations...

He's over Ike, and his moveset itself is very different. He's a reckless axe fighter as hes portrayed in the game.. i plan to make him heavier..a little slower movement..

but. Please, take a look at 'em and tell me how he looks.
Credit to LargeLeader for original model and PSA (brawlvault, just search "hector" , ill find a link shortly)
ALM5252 for the CSP and dash attack end animation.

Side note: hectors mainly made for dolphin..for whatever reason, crouching and landing animations have a chance to freeze the game on wii. its...so weird. NEVER freezes on dolphin.

any suggestions / help would be incredible.

B moveset:
up B "Strike!" a callback to his FE7 attack animation, named for the song that plays as the protagonists attack
Down B: Impregnable ( typical FE counter) named for a quote hector says, describing his countries walls as impregnable.
Side B : Brave Axe dashes forward and swings upward. swings twice on A/B press. named for the ability to hit twice like all brave weapons in FE
neutral B: Divine weapon. named for the lore behind his weapon, Armads. charges up electricity in the axe then swings. a reskin of ikes eruption.

Id like to think of hector compared to ike as roy is compared to marth..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzBTZ40Cd6i5UlNLQVczUURreXc download.

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
oh there's this also. much high quality recording thanks to cryptikz :)

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Thank you! Im glad you like the development so far...I'm very lucky to have learned brawlbox as quickly as i did. this ddream slowly is becoming a reality.

spicywingz

Smash Rookie
can someone please explain to me exactly why we can't have lyn, knux, etc. i mean, the files are there right? so what exactly is the problem?

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
can someone please explain to me exactly why we can't have lyn, knux, etc. i mean, the files are there right? so what exactly is the problem?
due to the fact that they got "pm into legal trouble" people don't want to chance it and get the pm dev team in trouble

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't mean people can't make their own Lyn from scratch.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
i heavily support fe7 representation in smash, and this looks really good too!

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Like it so far. Wouldn't the analogy be more Ike : Hector :: Roy : Marth instead? Or is the axe not like a giant tipper like it looks like?

Doesn't mean people can't make their own Lyn from scratch.
You're technically correct, but since the assets are already out there you can't really trust people to not use them. I do find the whole soft ban on developing the characters hypocritical, but even if someone made it from scratch what's stopping Nintendo from thinking that was from the PMDT anyway?

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
what would that be?
with the skin the character has already been made and is well known, with the character it is something that has yet to be "properly finished" that and the fact that the new characters were the major reason the pm dev team got in trouble

spicywingz

Smash Rookie
with the skin the character has already been made and is well known, with the character it is something that has yet to be "properly finished" that and the fact that the new characters were the major reason the pm dev team got in trouble
so using them publicly would/could cause legal probelms? because it seems like a waste to let them go unfinished.

Last edited:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
so using them publicly would/could cause legal probelms? because it seems like a waste to let them go unfinished.
pretty much way. it really does suck but its better than getting the pm dev team in legal troubles

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
but awakening roy was a part of the dev build but nowadays people are using that freely. so why not the unfinished characters.
Awakening Roy is only used freely now because the team that made him finished him up and released him, so he's not just a leak anymore. If the same thing happens with the full characters, they'll also be used freely.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Awakening Roy is only used freely now because the team that made him finished him up and released him, so he's not just a leak anymore. If the same thing happens with the full characters, they'll also be used freely.
This. :smash: Very much this.:pikachu: And because of that reason, I won't use them or the leaked project m updated version of PED Samus.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Huh didn't know they updated PED suit. Neat.

But we should probably get back on topic. From the videos, doesn't Hector's Nair (or what that spinning move was) look too fast and weak to fit a supposed slow/power character like Hector?

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
You're technically correct, but since the assets are already out there you can't really trust people to not use them. I do find the whole soft ban on developing the characters hypocritical, but even if someone made it from scratch what's stopping Nintendo from thinking that was from the PMDT anyway?
This argument is a bit of a slippery slope. The former PMDT have been opaque as to who or what is obstructing further development. We don't know if Nintendo, Konami, Sega, or any other unknown entity were the ones responsible for them shutting down. I believe the only official statement on the matter is that no company approached them; the PMDT dissolved as a preventative measure. It's why we've seen Headband Jigglypuff, SJS Rebuild ZSS, and Awakening Roy released as separate projects by Nanobuds et al. As long as the Project M label is not affixed, the former PMDT are legally in the clear. Presumably.

If Nintendo or whoever didn't assume that the PMDT reunited when a number of ex-PMDT released those aforementioned projects with origins to Project M development, then why would they assume the PMDT reunited if an unaffiliated party created PSAs for characters that have never been officially acknowledged by the PMDT during their heyday?

It's amusing that this tangential discussion only exists because of that thread title. Hector would be a cool character to have, but I wouldn't count Lyn out just yet.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Honestly i wish everyone would stop treating them like the plague and do something sensible like kitsu and fix/restore hitbox development, or PMCC balancing her. finished or not, i consider her a main in my build up there and i am a firm believer in this character being dragged away from this stupid leak drama. It being "leaked" or "forbidden" is not conducive to productivity. nobody can be harmed by the usage of these characters, but i put this title as is for the sake of those who liked lyn and may want something..related.

they're functioning characters who have had attempts at balance. I understand if the pm team is upset they got leaked, but keeping them to themselves helps nobody. I cant respect that. I wish i could bcause im supposed to, but i cant.

i heavily support fe7 representation in smash, and this looks really good too!
thanks! a more polished up smash animation was just done. progress!
Like it so far. Wouldn't the analogy be more Ike : Hector :: Roy : Marth instead? Or is the axe not like a giant tipper like it looks like?

ive struggled with the idea that hector basically has tipper. the problem is it makes no sense for the axe blade to do the same dmg as the pole e_e it really doesnt! what im trying to do is...yeahh reward the player for proper spacing like marth. considering this is what an axe fighter needs to do. i want the pole to be below par in knockback and the axe blade slightly above par

like, marths tippers make a huuuge difference compared to non tipper.
i want hectors "tippers" to do something similar but i want that to be the standard dmg output for him. like,

no tipper > below ike knockback. with tipper > ike knockback, maybe slightly higher. like in the case of up air,yes id like the knockback a little higher than ikes there. but on fair id like the knockback = to ikes. but without tipper, les than ike.

I want the tippers to be "almost mandatory" rather than "whoa thats real good"

there should be a significant difference between pole and axe, but the pole should be poor enough to warrant a big increase.

But we should probably get back on topic. From the videos, doesn't Hector's Nair (or what that spinning move was) look too fast and weak to fit a supposed slow/power character like Hector?
agreed. though ive been struggling with its development alone, more than any other move. im having difficulty keeping the startup relatively /not slow af/ while slowing down the spinning. idk if i want to up the knockback or strength.

rest assured, i will have it slower.
my video recording buddy wasnt hitting with the sweetspots under the character. so it appeared alot weaker and dealt less dmg. you also didnt get to see the hitlag added to it unfortunately. ill do some work with nair either way, as the angle it sends at is not always conducive to comboing...which might be ok because the angle changes depending on what part of the 2nd swing u hit em with.

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman

Technically yes, but not released.

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
I'm assuming once he's all finished, he'll have his own unique moveset?
Or will he still share moves/specials with Ike?

Szion

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming once he's all finished, he'll have his own unique moveset?
Or will he still share moves/specials with Ike?
depends on animator-kun..
there are plans for a new side b, resembling hand axe functionality
most aerials are planned to be redone/animated. some attacks may still be ikes, probably grabs..but. id like him to be different. as is, he's very different from ike. even more than roy is from marth. just..needs a little more time.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Excellent work in progress. With PMEX being a thing this is definitely something I'd be interested in adding to a build.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Animation-kun is working absurdly fast. Back air is no longer samus. its his own...

will post progres where available

Last edited:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
imo you should fix his idle pose. I mean the pose itself isn't bad but the fact that he snaps to it looks odd. If you changed it so he slowly moves into it then it would look much better

waffulz

Smash Rookie
who is that?

whatre u talkin about
he thinks someone "stole" the knuckles moveset from pmcc despite. the person saying otherwise, but what he did do is give it smash 4 look

Last edited:

waffulz

Smash Rookie
also I think some part of Hector's moveset should reference the fact that he can take most things to the face without flinching

Szion

Smash Journeyman
also I think some part of Hector's moveset should reference the fact that he can take most things to the face without flinching
I thought about that and..well...super armor can get really dumb really fast..i also dont know how to make it, but i know someone that does.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Nice! Looks much better already. I particularly like Fair

Is F-smash and U-smash missing some animations like the start up and charging? The seem to look right otherwise.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Nice! Looks much better already. I particularly like Fair

Is F-smash and U-smash missing some animations like the start up and charging? The seem to look right otherwise.
Yeah the startup and charging has been on the backburner for a while..it'll be done though :)

Top Bottom