• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We all know the real reason that we play DK.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
There is nothing better than a Donkey Kamikaze in a casual match with casual players.

Nothing quite like the thrill of irritating someone going for the win in a four person match.

Anyone else continuing this time honored tradition?

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
That's not why I play DK T_T.
I play DK cus most high tiers getcombo'd easily by DK and its just great taunting.... easily the best taunt in the game.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I loved DK's taunt in the original, but in Melee it's kinda stupid.

My favorite taunt is Luigi's taunt. Words can't even express how much I love that taunt. I use it in real life. I like it 10x as much as Peach's taunt, and I LOVE Peach's taunt.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, it's not really the reason why I'm using DK >_> but yes, it's always a laugh if I kamikaze ^^

DKs taunt? It's okay... it's good that it's short and such.. but not that good.
I love that he has his chest pound now.

The Director

Smash Lord
I will no doubt be continuing this legacy in the future.

I've actually done that in tournys. It's hilarious. You're a life up and you have the opportunity to just...walk off with people.

Hey, I'm one of the few people who play DK! I can walk off with people if I want! :chuckle:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I will no doubt be continuing this legacy in the future.

I've actually done that in tournys. It's hilarious. You're a life up and you have the opportunity to just...walk off with people.

Hey, I'm one of the few people who play DK! I can walk off with people if I want! :chuckle:
Man, you're my hero for doing that.

We have Smash 64 in the break room at work and it's gotten to the point that people groan as soon as they see me pick DK. It's absolutely fantastic. Also, I often just outright win with him, because DK's backwards throw in 64 is actually pretty **** awesome.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Man, you're my hero for doing that.

We have Smash 64 in the break room at work and it's gotten to the point that people groan as soon as they see me pick DK. It's absolutely fantastic. Also, I often just outright win with him, because DK's backwards throw in 64 is actually pretty **** awesome.
LOL! Yeah I loved the back throw too. It was so fast and strong...

iron blade

Smash Ace
i did the kamikaze DK a lot in melee, but i'm probably going to do bowsercides more because he seems better and easier to do that with than DK in the new game.

The Director

Smash Lord
Yeah, DK in 64 is almost not fair. If there were tiers in that game, DK would most def. be at the top. His throw and spikes are undeniably strong.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Just looking at that picture makes me praise Sakurai for making DK look better in Brawl.

Anyway there is nothing like a kamikaze to finish off a game...

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
DK was my original character in Smash 64 until I switched to Kirby. I used to win every time, so people complained that I was only winning because I was Kirby. Then I switched to Mario and still won.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Yayuuuuuuhz. That's why I play DK alright. Also the advantage against the fast falling higher tiers.

Cargo FTW!

It also seems Kirby gets the job done better, but DK's, IT'S JUST HILARIOUS!!!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Lols I love to DK suicide. So fun.

Of course...the Kirby ledge back throw suicide is hilarious too. Grab someone while you are standing on ledge, perform Kirby's back throw, and watch you and your opponent take a nose dive to your doom. :)

LuCKy

Smash Master
There is nothing better than a Donkey Kamikaze in a casual match with casual players.

Nothing quite like the thrill of irritating someone going for the win in a four person match.

Anyone else continuing this time honored tradition?
dk is fat!

Smash Ace
Oh, without a doubt. what's really great is to get a casual Fox/Falco/C. Falcon and fall near the bottom and THEN throw them. they'll die firstso you can do it with one life lol
BTW DK's taunt in Melee = win
=2007=

Top Bottom