• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ways to Practise?

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
I want to get better at this game, but I absolutely HATE playing for Glory due to the amount of input lag and connection issues there. None of my friends really take this game seriously by any stretch and playing computers a lot is just asking to create bad habits.

Any ideas? I don't really live anywhere where a smash scene exists (Middle of Alberta).

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Are you me? That whole text could have been written by me.... except for the country part.
Anyway, I try to improve watching videos and reading stuff and then trying to incorporate what I see in my play.... using For Glory to test it out.
But it sucks so much to only have that :S

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
Are you me? That whole text could have been written by me.... except for the country part.
Anyway, I try to improve watching videos and reading stuff and then trying to incorporate what I see in my play.... using For Glory to test it out.
But it sucks so much to only have that :S
hahaha and yah I also do similar things as you, however its a slow go... :p

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
hahaha and yah I also do similar things as you, however its a slow go... :p
Anther's Ladder if you can wait a bit for matches. Get on some skype groups on Smashboards. The Samus skype group is pretty active.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Though i understand why people don't like the idea of playing against cpus...but that's what i do for Lag-Free* practice. xD

But what i do is hop on the ol' training mode, put the Cpu as Shiek or Zss or Mario. And put them on 'Run' and just chase them down. They are pretty hard to hit, but i feel like this helps with movement, some traps, and aerial options. Though alot of the times I don't try to beat them up, yet try my hardest to trace their path or intercept without hitting. Since no one should ever be chasing down someone offensively with Samus that much. But movement is my main focus with this type of 'practice' if you may call it that 'x)

Just a suggestion. ^^

Top Bottom