• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavesmashing and other tricks for Pit users...

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I played around with Pit, and found out he can do something similar to wavesmashing with his up smash attack because his feet leave the ground. Dash and use it, and he'll keep sliding. It takes some practice, but it covers decent distance.

Also, if you attack out of his glide, it's a really good move. Decent range, great knockback, and almost inescapable at high percentages.

Also, annoyed when you have to move with your looping arrows? Just use the shield! Pit won't move, but you can still control your arrows!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yeah, I played around with Pit, and found out he can do something similar to wavesmashing with his up smash attack because his feet leave the ground. Dash and use it, and he'll keep sliding. It takes some practice, but it covers decent distance.

Also, if you attack out of his glide, it's a really good move. Decent range, great knockback, and almost inescapable at high percentages.

Also, annoyed when you have to move with your looping arrows? Just use the shield! Pit won't move, but you can still control your arrows!
i think anyone can "wavesmash" with there up smash after a dash and are you saying the mirror shield or the regular shield?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Everyone can do that, it's just dash and up smash. It was in melee too, I remember abusing that with fox lol.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Except that in Melee it was a form of jump canceling where you had to use the control stick. In Brawl it's easier since you can use the C-stick.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
If you want to 'wavesmash' with Pit, you should use a pivot smash. Press forward to go into an initial dash animation, and then quickly press backwards, forwards, and then flick the C-stick forward. If you timed it right, Pit will do a quick foxtrot forward and end it immediately in a forward smash.

Top Bottom