• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshining with falco problem

Slurzen

Smash Cadet
i can shine and wavedash perfectly with falco, but on an opponent its really hard. All i see myself is jumping but not wavefashing, any help? Thx

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
If you are just jumping that means your airdodge is to soon and it gets cancelled. I recommend trying to waveshining with the airdodge late so you don't wavedash you just airdodge. Then slowly speed up your airdodge timing till you waveshine. This way you can tell when you start airdodgeing to fast.

Slurzen

Smash Cadet
If you are just jumping that means your airdodge is to soon and it gets cancelled. I recommend trying to waveshining with the airdodge late so you don't wavedash you just airdodge. Then slowly speed up your airdodge timing till you waveshine. This way you can tell when you start airdodgeing to fast.
so i jump cancel it?

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Dont practice waveshine, but practice waveshine on hit or on shield. The timing is different on hit/shield than it is on nothing. I learned this the hard way when grinding doubleshines lol

Slurzen

Smash Cadet
Dont practice waveshine, but practice waveshine on hit or on shield. The timing is different on hit/shield than it is on nothing. I learned this the hard way when grinding doubleshines lol
im starting to get the hang of it, but i still see my self jumping

St_Steady

Smash Rookie
Try to delay the input between the jump and the airdodge.

Everything seems quicker paced when you are actually playing someone so you may be inputting the actions too quickly.

Shine, immediately jump, wait 6 frames, airdodge in desired direction.

Last edited:

pipN

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any tips for waveshining on a platform? I've found that if I hold down (e.g. after a dair or waveland) I can waveshine fine, but if I'm just standing on the platform and try to waveshine, I'll dip below the platform with the shine and air dodge. I've found that simply waveshining in place quickly nets me better results, but I'm curious about what I can do to get an actual wavedash out of shine.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I actually don't have any tips for waveshining on plat. I typically just opt for shine WD down on plat because of the fact that it's really easy to fall through the plat when you shine on shield. If anybody else has a more concrete answer, though, that'd be cool.

Top Bottom