• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshining w/ fox

Oreilliusthe2nd

Smash Rookie
Lol then Im doing something really wrong and need help on waveshing because I tried on bowser and hes really heavy and it didnt work...my button input is Down b, wavedash down b wavedash etc.(YO EVERYONE I MEAN USING THE WAVESHINE AGAINST BOWSER, NOT WITH HIM

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Lol then Im doing something really wrong and need help on waveshing because I tried on bowser and hes really heavy and it didnt work...my button input is Down b, wavedash down b wavedash etc.
The physics/mechanics in PM are slightly different from Melee so if your doing it the same, it possibly might not work. But yes, its completely possible to waveshine in PM since you can wavedash and jump out of shine.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Lol then Im doing something really wrong and need help on waveshing because I tried on bowser and hes really heavy and it didnt work...my button input is Down b, wavedash down b wavedash etc.
I laughed out loud so hard... then I realized you meant AGAINST Bowser. The idea that someone would try to waveshine using Bowser was just too funny though.

As for waveshining... I'm not sure if it should be different timing compared to Melee or not. Does anyone know if there's still a 1 frame physics delay or w/e in PM? I don't notice anything but I'm not a spacies main.

Anyway, the button inputs are right; you're probably just mistiming something.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I have never misinterpreted a sentence this much in my entire life.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ Same

If you didn't know, you can do longer or shorter wavedashes depending on the angle of the control stick. If you just angle to one of the bottom corners you will only go a certain distance, you can slide farther by angling the control stick up a little. You also have a small amount of time to sorta walk a few steps after the wavedash and certain characters will still be in shine-stun.

I'm no Fox expert; you may just want to experiment with timings and stuff...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Im aware of how to wavedash. Im not a noob-_-
To be fair, just because you don't know how to wavedash does not make you a noob.

Conversely, a person can know how to wavedash and still be a noob.

It's a technique of the game. The real thing that determines whether or not you are a noob is your proficiency with the game.

You should not take any offense to that post.

Top Bottom