• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshining tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Okay, one of my favorite things to do with waveshining is to go into another drill shine, followed by the waveshine combo, and the utilt and usmash. However, I was curious what other effective methods I should be aware of? Thanx ^.^

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Not exactly sure what you said there. was that a waveshine>drillshine>utilit>usmash? that doesn't really make sense as a combo.

I take the following:
waveshine, Drillshine, jc grab, usmash, nair
put them in a hat (w/ more waveshine & drillshines comparatively) and start drawing them from the hat until the combo doesn't work anymore.

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
I guess it all depends on how technically sound you are feeling at the moment. The longer you try and keep the combo going the more chances you have to mess up. Waveshine -> upsmash is always good, quick, easy, and simple. If you want to work for something more though just tack on some more drillshine -> drillshines. It also depends a lot on which character you playing. For characters that fall down after getting shined I'm a fan of waveshine -> jab -> whatever you want. A shffl'ed uair is good, an uthrow -> uair is good, just go with it and don't be predictable.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Some I can think of would be
1.Waveshine+Jab then grab them.
2.Waveshine+Grab then follow it up with a Uair,Bair,Nair or Dair.
3.Waveshine them until there off the stage then shine spike them.But don't make it too predictable
4.Drillshine.
5.Waveshine them then do a Usmash,you have to time it I think.

edit:this is what I do in training mode to practice some of my tech skill.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Just so everyone here knows, the waveshine> shine spike is generally a bad idea, it's relatively predictable, and very easily punishable. it's much better to just waveshine them off the stage, and get on the edge. From there, you can edgegaurd normally (and shine spike if necessary, with invincibility)

EDIT: Waveshine (repeat as necessary)>dsmash is the official get the **** off my stage combo and very effective against CF. Poor CF, everything gimps him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom