• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshining/Drillshining question

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
Basically I have two questions. 1.) Do I have to dash out of my wavedash to continue the waveshine on anyone? Like against Marth, if I want to waveshine him across the stage and I shine -> WD out will I always be in range to continue waveshining? 2.) Is it generally a good idea to rack up damage by drill -> waveshine if I get a shine on one side of the stage to rack up damage? I thought it could be SDI'd but I saw a video of Mango vs Armada at BH4 and if it works across the stage on Armada it should work on most people, no?

Cursetyl

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cursetyl
1.) Marth cannot be wave shined due to his weight, if you run out of shine it is possible to get two shines on him but no more, characters heavier than Marth can be wave shined by simply walking out of your wave dashed shine.
2.) To my knowledge it is not possible to do without you being punishable, he could have simply caught Armada off guard, could you send me a link to the match so I can see what you mean?

Last edited:

Cursetyl

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cursetyl
Ah yes, it worked on Peach because of her weight, it in theory should work on other wave shine-able characters like Falcon or Link, as for the clip of Fox on Marth, that looks like it was tool assisted, and if it was possible It would absolutely destroy your hands. Shine to Up Smash or Grab is the best option.

g_f

Smash Cadet
the marth thing is you have to dash out of the wavedash and jump cancel the shine without leaving the ground in order to continue the combo, very thight in terms of input.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
marth waveshine is frame perfect when you have to shine him back across the stage. otherwise its slightly more lenient. drill is only good once in a while, its not really that reliable against opponents that know how to sdi it. I tend to only prolong waveshines on chars I can just waveshine or shine wavedash walk shine and drill rarely.

Top Bottom