• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

waveshine to grab or usmash combos?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
do they still exist ? I am aware that the pmbr has taken out foxes waveshine infinite but is fox still able to combo shine<wavedash<usmash or grab? is so can someone tell me what im doing wrong? every time I wavedash out of shine I am not close enough to the person to connect usmash or grab

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
It's hard for us to tell you what you're doing wrong without seeing what you're doing, but if you're not close enough, my guess is that you aren't wavedashing far enough. Try air dodging more (but not completely) parallel with the ground to get more distance.

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Every character has different sliding lengths from a shine. Luigi and Squirtle go practically across most stages, where as characters like Link don't go very far. Who are you trying to do it against? Keep in mind that you can usually sprint after the person you just shined after your wavedash and catch up to them before they have time, or think to react. Grabs are usually a pretty easy thing to land because most people will auto-respond with a shield.

Top Bottom