• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshine -> Jab reset against fox?

j a y c e

Smash Rookie
Can't seem to get this, and it feels like I'm doing a good enough wavedash, but still don't manage to get near close enough. Any explanation on the process for this?

Catchy

Smash Cadet
if you're not hitting it your waveshine isnt long enough or your jab isn't being timed correctly.

Just practice it on fox in training mode along with doing the farthest wavedash you can do. I don't think there's much more to it. practice your timing and direction of the control stick.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Couldn't the other fox just SDi up and shine you, before you can do anything??

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure the Fox can SDI up lower than that. I wanna say I've seen both Fox and Falco do it around 30 percent but I can't back that up atm.

On the original topic waveshine can go surprisingly far. You should be able to get it out of a standstill shine, so just focus on that stick angle when you WD and how fast you get the WD off after shining.

Big D Squirrels

Smash Rookie
iirc you can only get the jab reset off a perfect angle waveshine and the timing is a little tight. In my experience the fox still slides a little after landing from the shine so you have to jab asap out of the wavedash.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
You don't need to get perfect angle or timing, but you can't either be too sloppy in the excecution.

Top Bottom