• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WaveLanding on Platforms

Endllol

Smash Rookie
So currently trying to get good with the beast Ganon, more specifically wavelanding onto platforms. I have been normal jumping onto platforms but was wondering if double jumps go further since i use the doublejump to waveland on the stage (bizzaro) and approach.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I don't know much about frames, but single and double jumps should be the same. I think the single jumps to waveland on platforms look much longer than on the ground due to their smaller size and that you have more time to input the perfect waveland, in comparison to short hop fastfall waveland on the ground.

Same kind of thing with double jump fastfall waveland on the ground, more time for the input. I think the animation Ganon's in during each of his jumps matters too.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
Yes, double jump waveland can avoid projectiles better and is much faster. Though if you put pressure on your opponent and switch to shorthop waveland, you can trick your opponent's timing and punish their delay.

Yort

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost certain double jump waveland onto smaller platforms is faster, not by too much though.

I recommend you practice double jump fastfall waveland left or right, get this down consistently and you will be able to waveland onto a platform from the air very easily. Then learn the timing for either double jump / full jump waveland onto short platform, this is timing based.

Also Ganondorf's wavelands are incredibly easy; especially his perfect waveland. Do not be afraid to go almost completely horizontally left or right on the control stick when you are wavelanding onto platforms or the ground; although keep in mind constantly doing perfect (full length) wavelands will become a bad habit when learning other characters.

Also his wavedash; remember to practice perfect wavedashes with Ganondorf. I feel like his wavedash is not so great unless you are doing it mostly horizontal; then it becomes a very important spacing tool and not so bad.

and to answer your original question: The distance of the waveland has no correlation with amount of jumps; It's all up to your position on the analog stick and timing. Imagine the control stick as a unit circle. At 180 or 0 degrees you will have a perfect waveland, completely to the left or right. While if you did it at 225 degrees (diagonal left) or diagonal right, the distance will not be as far.

Top Bottom