• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavelanding Aerials

Kolbin

Smash Cadet
I was reading a thread the other day and someone was saying the height you had to perform each aerial and fireball to still be able to waveland the hop, and now I can't find it. Will someone please help me with this, cause I can't tell on a few of them if it's not possible or if I'm just whiffing.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
you should be able to tell just by trial and error. just do a SH and immediately do the aerial, then try to air dodge right before you hit the ground. if you cant hit it after a bunch of times, bets are that its not possible. my guess is that uair, bair, and dair can probs all be wavelanded, with fair and nair having too long of a duration to do so.

Kolbin

Smash Cadet
Thanks. I just swore I read Bair and Uair could be wavelanded after SH but no luck when I try it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
my guess is that uair, bair, and dair can probs all be wavelanded, with fair and nair having too long of a duration to do so.
You can't waveland after a sh dair. But the other two can be WL if they are done quick enough.
Thanks. I just swore I read Bair and Uair could be wavelanded after SH but no luck when I try it.
You have to be fast enough is all.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Guess I'm not fast enough... yet.
To be honest though, I don't see many top Mario's doing it, even in melee and I'm including shroomed to. I'm sure it has its uses, but it isn't the end of the world if you can't do it.

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
its definitely not a game breaking maneuver. If you really want to get it down though (which i do at least reccomend for the sake of tech skill), make sure you are doing the aerial on the first possible actionable frame, meaning right when you leave the ground, which is 4 frames after you press the jump button. (1 frame is equal to 1/60 of a second). So in other words, it indeed is a very quick action, although very doable. its easy though as someone not used to the timing to feel like it cant be done.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Bair and Uair are possible. I know Fair and Dair aren't. I'm not sure about Nair. From my own testing fireball is not possible, though I could be missing the timing, but I'm pretty sure I was doing it as fast as is possible, as I could consistently pull off the other ones.

It's handy but not insane. I'd recommend using WL Uair when chaining Uair's at low percents, and WL Bair as a sweet, once every blue moon, OoS option.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Jesus christ, correcting the above post because I realize I said fireball WL was possible. If only dude. **** doesn't work. Soz.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
you short hop waveland uair and bair

you can full hop waveland fireball and fair

no need to waveland dair or nair

Top Bottom