• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

waveland in brawl trailor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cu00x19

Smash Apprentice
That was definately a waveland. Now I will go pro for Brawl, since WDing is still alive...

However, if Nintendo somehow fixes it, then Halo 3 for me.

~Life

That was definately a waveland. Now I will go pro for Brawl, since WDing is still alive...

However, if Nintendo somehow fixes it, then Halo 3 for me.

~Life

Wrong.

I have said this way to many times,but I will say it again.

When Mario was hit by the arrow,Mario only landed on the ground,and walked forward a couple frames then D-smashed.It looked like a waveland because he escaped his standing animation so quickly.Watch the video in slow motion.

IT WAS NOT A WAVELAND!!!!!!

DarkFr0g

Smash Apprentice
Why would they put a GLITCH in one of their trailers?

Wavedashing should be removed, anyway. Any noob that learns how to get the timing correct and exersize their fingers for two weeks can dominate. There is no skill involved. Why is everyone so afraid of actually being on an EQUAL playing field as new players?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

Wavedashing should be removed, anyway. Any noob that learns how to get the timing correct and exersize their fingers for two weeks can dominate. There is no skill involved. Why is everyone so afraid of actually being on an EQUAL playing field as new players?
is this serious? are the brawl boards really this newbie? no wonder i didn't come here.

lmao

Genesis Zero

Smash Rookie

You give a n00b a controller and they wont even understand how to jump or punch. I seriously doubt they will start wavedashing after an hour or 2. But I agree, I doubt they would put it in their trailer. I hope htey keep it tho.

Micahc

Smash Ace

Wavedashing doesn't dominate. Aniki never wave dashes, Ken rarely wave dashes, Masashi never wavedashes, most pro's don't. I can't wave dash, but I can shffle, should they take out shffling because any n00b can do it? Wavedashing isn't a glitch either, it's an exploit. It's like in a game where you die and lose 1/2 your cash, you earn 10, die, earn 10, die; rinse and repeat. That's wavedashing.

Congratulations for exposing how dense you are.

Wavedashing isn't a glitch,it is an exploit of the physics engine,and it was programed specifically to do that.When you land on the ground diagonally,the animation cancels and the effect of the Air Dodge is still active,but it affects your traction.

You can Wavedash around with a character all day,but it won't earn you a win..period.The things that allow you to win are:

1.Tech Skill
2.Knowledge
3.Mindgames
4.DI
5.Priority Knowledge.

And what in gods name are you talking about playing"equal".

Why in gods name should those who have practiced and played this game to get where they are today be dominated because some kids on the short bus want to play fair? Nothing like that should ever happen in ANY competative game,and your a fool for wanting it.

If you want to get better,get up off your ***,practice,and go to tournaments,but don't ***** because you get 4 stocked because you want the game to become"fair".

Wavedashing doesn't dominate. Aniki never wave dashes, Ken rarely wave dashes, Masashi never wavedashes, most pro's don't. I can't wave dash, but I can shffle, should they take out shffling because any n00b can do it? Wavedashing isn't a glitch either, it's an exploit. It's like in a game where you die and lose 1/2 your cash, you earn 10, die, earn 10, die; rinse and repeat. That's wavedashing.
*sigh*....Why do people always bring up the Aniki argument? ; )

Genesis Zero

Smash Rookie
Congratulations for exposing how dense you are.

Wavedashing isn't a glitch,it is an exploit of the physics engine,and it was programed specifically to do that.When you land on the ground diagonally,the animation cancels and the effect of the Air Dodge is still active,but it affects your traction.

You can Wavedash around with a character all day,but it won't earn you a win..period.The things that allow you to win are:

1.Tech Skill
2.Knowledge
3.Mindgames
4.DI
5.Priority Knowledge.

And what in gods name are you talking about playing"equal".

Why in gods name should those who have practiced and played this game to get where they are today be dominated because some kids on the short bus want to play fair? Nothing like that should ever happen in ANY competative game,and your a fool for wanting it.

If you want to get better,get up off your ***,practice,and go to tournaments,but don't ***** because you get 4 stocked because you want the game to become"fair".

*sigh*....Why do people always bring up the Aniki argument? ; )
I like this guy. He knows what hes talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom