• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing

Bluegrass

Smash Rookie
So I'm pretty new to the smash community and have barely learned how to wave dash properly with ZSS. Now that ive learned how to wavedash what should I be doing with the wavedash? Am I just supposed to use it to create space and laser or what?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You can use it for fakeouts, and for sliding off the edge to edgehog. It's also a nice way to move quickly out of shield. Finally, you can airdodge into the ground if you're in the air to waveland, allowing you to change the spacing of your landing, or to instantly land on platforms.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
So I'm pretty new to the smash community and have barely learned how to wave dash properly with ZSS. Now that ive learned how to wavedash what should I be doing with the wavedash? Am I just supposed to use it to create space and laser or what?
Wavelanding is more important on ZSS than wavedashing IMO, it helps you move around way faster.

Last edited:

Bluegrass

Smash Rookie
Thanks Guys! I'll go back to practticing :D
Also how important is shffling? like i know its important on most chars but for zss i feel like most of her moves have little to almost no lag on them. Maybe im wrong i dont know that just how it seems to me

Last edited:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
L cancelling halves all lag no matter what.

Fast Falling allows you to perform the fastest possible aerials in combination with both Short Hopping and L cancelling, creating a SHFFL.

You do not always want to SHFFL as fast as possible. You may change your fast fall timings or not fast fall at all in order to link certain combos or time attacks differently. L Canceling is the only thing that is consistently required for aerials unless you perform them early enough or high enough in the air to auto cancel or complete the entire recovery of the move.

Here are ZSS landing lag both l canceled and non l canceled timings for Nair Fair Bair Uair Dair respectively
Nair Fair Bair Uair Dair
8/16 | 10/20 | 8/17 | 9/19 | 9/18

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
I did not realize her aerials had that little lag.
I knew it was fast, but i probably can shave a few frames and make my punishes harder and zero suit gameplay cleaner if I act faster after aerials. Everything either 8/9frames, and fair still just 10. jeez.

Oro?!, do you happen to have her jump data (feels like air on frame 5, longer than fox but quicker than Falco) and maybe her FJ, SH and SHFF airtimes? Kinda interested to hear some more from you on her stats.

Are you like one of PMBR's play testers? (just noticed the purple badge, I'm not always the most observant)

Top Bottom