• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing won't be in the game for one good reason

PurpleStuff

Smash Apprentice
I have yet to see any strategic value with Wavedashing.
I remember when I first learned about advanced techniques and saw videos of pros doing them, I didn't see much strategic value to wavedashing. I saw even LESS (much less) when I tried to implement it into my own game. It was easy enough to learn how to do it, just like short hopping or l-canceling, but the only use I had for it immediately was edge-hogging. But the more and more videos I watched and the more and more I played with advanced techniques in mind, the more wavedashing became INVALUABLE to playing the game. The advanced techniques simply add more options, and more options means better mindgames. I also started playing Mewtwo, and then Marth, so I realized spacing is everything (not just with these two characters), and wavedashing is about SPACING, not SPEED. Sure, Luigi, ICs, and Mewtwo can use it as a (better) alternative to dashing across the level, but they are the exceptions. If you keep playing and try to implement wavedashing into your game, you will be a better player for it.

And the weakest argument I have ever heard (and I have heard this more than once from more than one person) is that wavedashing ISN'T very important, and all the "tourney***s" do it just because it's called "advanced" and everyone else does it. This is so false it makes me sick. It's the kind of argument that seems so inherently flawed that I don't even know how to combat it. I guess all I can say is I can't speak for any of the PROS AND PEOPLE WHO GET PAID PLAYING THIS GAME, but out of my own personal testimony (I've never won enough for a soda playing this game, by the way) I can say that I do it because it makes me own scrubs who use this argument in the first place.

Woah, I've never used the s-word before.

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tell people who complain about wavedashing that wavedashing is just cosmetic, but just to get to them to stop complaining about it.

Someone asked how to wavedash is SC2, it's pretty simple.

Just do the hadouken movement over and over and over again.

Down to forward.

It makes it so you can go under high attacks, and move faster while being able to block quickly, also lets you pull out certain special moves quickly.

It's really good for Heihachi, who I main as in SC2.

Anther

Smash Champion
Wavedash only makes you look good. Sakurai will know tis and will remove it from brawl so you glitchers won't pollute brawl tournaments.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Wavedash only makes you look good. Sakurai will know tis and will remove it from brawl so you glitchers won't pollute brawl tournaments.
Z-cancelling in Smash 64 made people look good by completely wiping out the aerial lag. Did Sakurai take it out? No. He left it in there and tweak it a bit by adding lag to it called L-cancelling. This reduces the lag of aerial attacks by about half. Wavedashing isn't a glitch. It's a physics exploit. The ground has traction. They made so that if you air-dodge, you don't faze through the ground and fall to your death. The length of the wavedash depends on how less the character's traction is. The less your traction, the more your wavedash. Oh, and people could be wavedashing all over the place, and still suck because the person doesn't use it properly. It's not if you know how to do a technique. It's how you use it. Wavedashing can be used for movement, spacing, tactics, and mindgames. If I go up against my friend, nairs my shield, pushes me back because of traction and he's only a small distance away from me, I'll wavedash out of my shield to punish him for my mistake. Another way wavedashing can be used is for edgehogging. If my friend uses Up-B too early and looks like he's going to grab the edge, I'll wavedash to grab the edge so he can go down a stock. This isn't cheap or a glitch since I get points for edgehogging. If you don't like wavedashing because of the way it looks, don't use it. Go up against people that don't like wavedashing or don't know how. Wavedashing is one of the important techniques in Smash and helps to add depth to Smash Bros. If it's removed, granted I'll still buy Brawl, but it would be nice if they still kept it in.

Kashimaru

Smash Apprentice
WDing wasnt planned for Melee, thats something we all know, and I've heard that due to the popularity of WDing it may be included in Brawl as well

Anther

Smash Champion
I'll shows you guys wavedash.... >=o
I'm going to send 32 e-mails to sakurai all with different names so he knows we (I) (but he won't know its me) mean business >=o!!!!

and by you guys I mean glitchers XD.

and btw, the only people that "Look good" at tourneys are me, Anther, and myself.

I'm done x.x

Top Bottom