• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl - see video

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Watch the section with Fox in the second trailer.
After coming down from the platform in the fight scene, Fox crouches, wavedashes backwards, then advances with a dash + dash attack.
Prior to this it also appears like he may be wavedashing or perhaps wavelanding backwards to get off of the platform after Links UpB.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Sheesh, how many times am I forced to see the trailer again???

Well, looking at what you said, it does seem that Fox did slide backward a slight bit... Seems like nobody got in his way either, so it could be a possibility, though don't get your hopes up just yet...

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
It looks to me to be an optical illusion created by the moving camera. It looks like Fox is moving, but he really isn't.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Your Problem is

Quality I thought Meta Knight was wave dashing all over the place in the second trailer I was like WTF?!?! But in better quality www.gametrailers.com you can see he's doing his dodge roll. So now compare the You Tube Second Trailer to the GT Trailer at the web site things will be alot clearer.

Chepe

Smash Lord
It looked more like Fox attempted to grab Link, turns around and walks a bit, then turns again and dashes towards Link to attack...

Doesnt look like a wavedash to me. I could swear I see his head looking the other way...

TeH PwNx0rZ

Smash Apprentice
Hm, it seems like a wavedash backwards to me. However, there's no type of puff of dust that usually comes up once you hit the ground that usually appears when you wavedash. It could be a new type of type of dodging method that's actually built into the game that's similar to wavedashing? We will see. For now, it seems something similar to a wavedash, or possibly it IS a wavedash? I have slowed down that specific part in the trailer, I'll post it later.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
this is interesting... i doubt they would show a glitch such as the wavedash in a preview video, although... the people making this game are smash veterans right?
smashbros.com said:
I was surprised when I saw the GameCube controllers they were using. The coating on the analog stick was worn down like an old eraser...
"Our guys have played Smash Bros. more than 10,000 times!"
i think this is real. i mean, think about it. why would they make a preview video just so they could show a few moves and 1 returning character (who was a shoe in)? i doubt this is some sort of new dodge roll. nice work shaz

Kumori

Smash Apprentice
this is interesting... i doubt they would show a glitch such as the wavedash in a preview video, although... the people making this game are smash veterans right?

i think this is real. i mean, think about it. why would they make a preview video just so they could show a few moves and 1 returning character (who was a shoe in)? i doubt this is some sort of new dodge roll. nice work shaz
Lets hope Oni!

Top Bottom