• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing feels off in Dolphin

Yaro

Smash Rookie
Hey, I recently got Dolphin and SSBM. I went to practice my movement and see if anything felt off and different, and it turned out wavedashing was very odd. Wavedashing is muscle memory, and input lag wouldn't have anything to do with the timing, it would just display it later than a CRT. I have a Wii right beside me, and I can do a crisp wavedash everytime, but on Dolphin, it's always has a slight jump before the wavedash, and the character makes the airdodging sound (the grunt). It's either the wavedash with a slight jump, or I just end up jumping and doing a long air dodge. If anyone knows a fix to this, please let me know. I've already set my L/R triggers to a button, instead of an axis. Also I'm not sure what GC Adapter this is, I'm borrowing it from a friend, who got it at a local game store. For the driver, I'm using the "Wii U USB GCN adapter".

http://imgur.com/a/gqGSt

squashhime

Smash Rookie
Try making L-Analog Z-+ and if that doesn't work, try playing around with the threshold.

5BAR

Smash Rookie
Probably just input lag, I don't really think there is a way to fix it though.

Last edited:

Finch

Smash Lord
I found this thread and want to help you out. That adapter looks weird. It looks like the official Nintendo adapter but it doesn't have the Wii U logo. It's probably some weird cheap knock off.

The accepted way to plug you controller in to your computer is with the Official Nintendo Wii U adapter or the 4 port Mayflash version. Both of them work identically if you set the Mayflash to Wii U mode. You use the Zadig driver to make them work and you don't have to configure your controller. It just works automatically with accurate inputs.

You could maybe try to use the Zadig driver with that adapter and see if it works. If not just get one of the adapters I mentioned above.

Top Bottom