• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing backwards out of shine.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
A few days ago I realized that sometimes when I would try to WD back out of a shine.. I would turn around in the shine and just sit there instead of going back. So I kinda figured out that the reason I didn’t WD was because I was turning around too fast before starting to WD.

So I had a few questions:

1. In order to WD backwards out of a shine, do you have to WD first THEN go in the direction you want?
2. Is it faster to WD back out of shine and THEN grab, or turn around in shine > WD > grab (already facing the opposite direction)?
3. And if WDing back out of a shine is: Shine, start WDing, move back... then what is doing a shine-turn-around to WD; is it shine, do a half circle in the other direction, then WD?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
What you need to do in order to prevent your turn-around in the shine is make sure that the game recognizes the pressing of the X/Y (or whatever button you use to jump) button before you input the direction in which you want to wavedash out of the shine, especially backwards. The pressing of the jump button and the direction input should be slightly wavered time-wise, so that you can wavedash nicely backwards right out of the shine.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You would simply Wavedash the other direction out of the shine and make sure you are holding the direction you are going to go before you jump where as waveshining backwards you need to jump before imputing the direction... Make sure and be fast though.

Top Bottom