• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash troubleshooting

johannJK

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing my wavedashes as Marth and despite being able to land ~100 of them in a row, occasionally I'll do a full hop instead because I pressed R too early (during the frames before Marth jumps off the ground). I want to have my wavedashes be 100% consistent but the timing seems to be such a miniscule difference from a successful wavedash. Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of this inconsistency? Do I just need to practice more?

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
Hi, welcome to the forums =)

It helped me alot to draw 2 little dots on the joystick which I would only see once I do a perfect wavedash - then just practice doing perfect wavedashes consistently and increase the speed comfortably.

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
just like everything else in smash, grind it out.
everything technical in smash is just about sitting down and practicing

A_Reverie

Smash Apprentice
Grinding it is very effective, and if you give it enough time it will become so embedded into your muscle memory you'll seldom mess it up. Try putting on some music and practicing it to the beat. You can also work in dash dancing with this method. Make sure you dedicate some of your practice time to focus on movement for a bit every day. Keep your hands stretched, and just build up more coordination over time. It's really a matter of discipline and commitment.

Top Bottom