• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wavedash to edgehog but not grabbing the ledge

looking guy

Smash Cadet
Hello people, so when I do a full long wavedash backwards next to the ledge trying to edgehog with falcon and marth i would perform a perfect wavedash but also continue to fall off stage without grabbing the ledge. I have experimented with fox and falco and that doen't happen with them no matter how horizontal/long the wavedash is; I also know that if you hold the stick down (fast fall) whe trying to edgehog you won't be able to grab the ledge with any character, however i'm pretty sure I realease the stick pretty quickly and the direction I input is not low angled/downwards. SO does anyone know why this happens with falcon and marth??

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You should be wavedashing back to the edge and then fast falling immediately but release down before you reach the edge so you can grab it. It just takes a lot of practice.

oats_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, if you are holding away from the edge or you are holding down you wont grab it, which is often what happens when people get "battlefielded".

looking guy

Smash Cadet
I have done multiple tests with characters these few days and I can tell you guys some facts: besides falcon and marth the others characters with that issue/peculiarity are peach,mewtwo, link,young link and puff; with the rest of the cast you won't see this happening, try it yourself. my guess is that it has something to do with ledge grab boxes, maybe those characters have different ones, but i don't have an action replay to comfirm that.

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, if you are holding away from the edge or you are holding down you wont grab it, which is often what happens when people get "battlefielded".
Oats being exposed as a fraud 2014! I kid I kid but really tho holding away doesn't prevent you from grabbing ledge, if it did then backwards edgecanceled aerials to edgehog would be WAY different and much harder. Also if that was true falcon wouldn't be able to fade away UpB to ledge.

Top Bottom