• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash HELP!!!

Starman90

Smash Cadet
NNID
starman90
I have always been wanting to wave dash and never get it to run continuously for more than 2-3 hops, its :GCX::GCRT::GCDR:or:GCDL: (repeat), plus I also want to know how to attack while wavedashing.

vynleren

Smash Cadet
Technically you should be pressing the control stick diagonally before pressing L, to ensure the proper angle. The timing is a little different with each character, so stick to one character and grind out the inputs until you get it down, and then move on to other characters.

Attacking while wavedashing? If you mean like, a Fox U-Smash out of wavedash, then you just wait a little bit after the WD and up smash.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah, its better to have the control stick pointed before you hit anything else, or get good timing it. You can't attack while wavedashing, but you can attack out of one with tilts or smashes. Just pause for a bit.

Starman90

Smash Cadet
NNID
starman90
Technically you should be pressing the control stick diagonally before pressing L, to ensure the proper angle. The timing is a little different with each character, so stick to one character and grind out the inputs until you get it down, and then move on to other characters.

Attacking while wavedashing? If you mean like, a Fox U-Smash out of wavedash, then you just wait a little bit after the WD and up smash.
so its a dtilt not neutral a/b or forward a/b. I remember seeing a marth wavedashing then neutral b then wavedash and repeat but not sure if thats what i meant but thanks for the help ill try to see if i can do it and maybe post a vid to see if im doing it correcly

Hameed Ziabari

Smash Cadet
the colour of your text hurts my eyes and i cant read what your saying. I cant read this, but from what i can tell you have trouble with wavedashing and you main falco and fox. Fox has one of the most difficult wavedashes in the game. Just play characters like luigi, marth and ice climbers to get a grasp on wavedashing and then move on to spacies.

vynleren

Smash Cadet
so its a dtilt not neutral a/b or forward a/b. I remember seeing a marth wavedashing then neutral b then wavedash and repeat but not sure if thats what i meant but thanks for the help ill try to see if i can do it and maybe post a vid to see if im doing it correcly
Yeah, you can't attack during the wavedash exactly, but you can begin an attack right as it ends - which might look like it's during the wavedash. If you have any more questions, reply back!

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
The helpful guys in here said it already, but ya, as long as you're practicing, you should already have the stick in the direction you want to dash. For now until you get used to it, I would just hold :GCD: and practice timing :GCX: and :GCLT:/:GCRT: until its good. When you get it consistently you can try it from neutral. Til this day, there are times where I'm already holding the direction I want to wavedash so it's just :GCX: and :GCRT: timing. Examples of when I'm not doing this is probably during waveshines or wavedash out of shield.

Good luck. Remember it takes time to get used to.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I know your question has already been answered, but I feel like I have to post.

You obviously have the inputs correct, but it's the execution that you're messing up. The only way to fix this is to practice. Practice is KEY. If you find yourself messing up wavedashes, keep doing them. Wavedash forward across FD, then forward back to the other side of the stage. Wavedash backwards across FD, then backwards back to the other side. Once you're more comfortable with wave dashing, practice moving around all of the other stages.

Movement in this game is amazing, and when you can control your character and move the way you want, there is no better feeling. It's all about grinding the specific movements until you can't continue.

Top Bottom