• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash Crouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

juejueb

Smash Cadet
Ok, so today I was on the stage facing off it. Near the ledge, I wavedashed, crouched near the ledge, and then fell off. I have never done or seen this before but it is probably well known. I am just wondering if this is what Zelgadis does when he waveshines , falls off the ledge, shinespike. I thought he always walked off it but wavedash crouch is probably faster.

NovaWave

Smash Journeyman
it's not wavedash crouch, it's just a normal wavedash.
and yes, that is what he's doing.
it's faster than jumping back to the ledge.
and btw, you can't walk off and grab it.
you have to be facing the ledge to grab on.
so unless you moonwalk, then you'll have to WD or jump back.

juejueb

Smash Cadet
it's not wavedash crouch, it's just a normal wavedash.
and yes, that is what he's doing.
it's faster than jumping back to the ledge.
and btw, you can't walk off and grab it.
you have to be facing the ledge to grab on.
so unless you moonwalk, then you'll have to WD or jump back.
Sorry about the misunderstanding. I am talking about when you are on the stage and you wavedash toward the ledge. If you are facing inward, you grab the ledge but if you are facing away from the stage you wavedash into the "gonna fall but never really do" position. However, if you crouch when you wavedash you fall instead.
In Zelgadis combo vids he will inf shine (lets say a Cpt. Falcon) to the edge, somehow fall off the edge, shinespike. When he "somehow falls off" I was wondering if he wavedash crouches or if he wavedashes down and runs off the ledge.

Sudai

Stuff here
If you keep holding towards the ledge when you wavedash, you'll fall off. That's how people do the trippy platform dashes they do. Couldn't platform dash and waveland all the way across a stage without it. :p (Look up Cactuar if you don't know what I mean.)

juejueb

Smash Cadet
If you keep holding towards the ledge when you wavedash, you'll fall off. That's how people do the trippy platform dashes they do. Couldn't platform dash and waveland all the way across a stage without it. :p (Look up Cactuar if you don't know what I mean.)
Oh, thanks a lot. That is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom