• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebouncing Missles

Ouroboro

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to learn new techniques to assist in my Samus game, One of the tools that I was told to use was Wavebounce missiles. However, I'm not sure of all of their applications and usages. Basically I'm asking why should I Wavebounce any of her Specials? If anyone has any videos to help me understand, that'd be super useful.

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Wavebouncing missiles can be a solid mind game when you're going for an edge canceled missile during your MCing. You can also b reverse or wavebounce a missile out of a walljump, which works well.

Narpas_sword

Yea, i find it really good too, people just dont expect the charge shot when youre facing away for some reason.

They're super cautious when it's charged, but they slip up when your backs to them =)

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Yo, if you watch any of my recent sets, walking away and then SH to b-reverse Charge Shot works stupid amounts of times. It's so telegraphed that it's secretly the least telegraphed move you could throw out, especially if you go really ****ing low to the ground before shooting.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Yasss Pooch, I do that so much.

I like the grounded vocal mind game grounded B-reverse charge shot.
Yelling "****!!!" as you shoot the wrong way, then slip the turn-around. They have already dropped their shield, and it hits.

Litt

Samus
Yasss Pooch, I do that so much.

I like the grounded vocal mind game grounded B-reverse charge shot.
Yelling "****!!!" as you shoot the wrong way, then slip the turn-around. They have already dropped their shield, and it hits.
I more of a fan telling my opponent throughout the set they are going to get hit by a charge shot on X stock... it makes them think about it the entire match, and I make sure to never land it but always have it charged *troll mode engaged*

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Barbie, we're like the same person. I've done that so much. People can be huge ******* when it comes to having a flashing blink on the end of your arm.

Litt

Samus
i also like leaving it like, 90% charged, then tapping B to charge it the rest of the way as theyre recovering, usually makes them drop low =p
something fun i liked to do back in melee, charge to like 90%, and roll to ledge of stage and light shield for the marth killer, marths are like... hmmm wtf, I already went low b/c I didnt think he was coming after me, and **** im going to lose this stock to the Marth killer now

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
something fun i liked to do back in melee, charge to like 90%, and roll to ledge of stage and light shield for the marth killer, marths are like... hmmm wtf, I already went low b/c I didnt think he was coming after me, and **** im going to lose this stock to the Marth killer now
now that's my style.

SkyRW

Smash Cadet
Oh. I already do that haha :D I prefer using it with charge shot in my opinion. alway throws 'em off

Last edited:

Keman

Smash Apprentice
well to be clear, B-reverse is when you shoot a Fireball Missile (or charge shot or whatever move from whatever character) in the air(or ground, I think Luigi's fireballs even carry some momentum into a slide on the ground) and press backwards as soon as you do it. (I think its like 1-3 frames? but don't quote me)

A Wavebouce would be when you do a Turnaround B shot, then B-Reverse it. So you would have to press backwards before you shoot to turn around when you actually shoot. Then exactly after you shoot you press back the original way you were facing to do a 360 but reverse your momentum.

Last edited:

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Wall jump B-reverse missile (and charge shot cancel) is GAHDLIKE. Use it to sneak your way back on stage, yo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom