• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wave A and Wave B?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
This large arcadian I am attending had problems with the original venue closing, and now the TOs have resulted to using specific people's homes as the venues for both waves. What are waves and why are they important for a TO? Just to note, there are 130 people attending this event (maybe less) and I think that has something to do with it. I checked online on places like Reddit and this, but couldn't find WHAT the waves mean, but just that some large tournaments have two waves.

xzx

Smash Lord
A wave is a group of players doing their pool/bracket matches. Since there usually isn't enough set-ups for everyone to play on at the same time, the TO divides this mass of players into two or more groups. Get it?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Very helpful, thank you.

Can't believe I said "that." ;-;

A wave is a group of players doing their pool/bracket matches. Since there usually isn't enough set-ups for everyone to play on at the same time, the TO divides this mass of players into two or more groups. Get it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom